"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Soups, Stews & Casseroles > Soups
Old 04-14-2012, 06:55 AM   #11
Head Chef
Here is a pic of my herbs drying in the shed.

I have no idea why there is a stuffed toy in my shed.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dried herbs.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	13494  

Gravy Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:17 AM   #12
Assistant Cook
Originally Posted by Gravy Queen View Post
Herbs in containers is a better idea unless you have a big garden and could have a separate section for them. I like flowers in my garden so I keep my herbs contained in long tubs and individual pots.

Don't forget too you can dry your herbs for use in the winter, I hang mine up in the shed.
Great idea, thank you!

52 weeks, 52 soup recipes, www.ilovesoup.net
ilovesoup is offline   Reply With Quote

peas & mint, recipe, soup

English Pea & Mint Soup Serves 4-6 Spring is finally here and what better way to celebrate than with this delicious Pea & Mint Soup. I love this soup, the taste is fantastic, and so easy to make. Whether you use frozen or fresh peas, you simply can’t go wrong. A nice extra is that you can also serve this soup cold on a hot summer day or as an amuse. Ingredients 3 tbsp. butter 1 white onion, diced 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped 1 leek, finely chopped 750g fresh and shelled peas or frozen peas 75g fresh mint leaves, washed and roughly chopped 1.2 L vegetable stock 100ml half-fat crème fraîche salt black pepper, coarsely ground Preparation Melt the butter on medium heat in your stockpot. Sauté the onion and leek for 10 minutes or until soft but not brown. When they are about done add the garlic and cook for a further 3 minutes. Add the peas and the chopped mint leaves. Pour in your stock and bring to boil. Once boiling reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and let the soup cool down for a few minutes. Then purée the ingredients with a hand blender in the stockpot or puree in batches in your blender. Return the soup to a clean pan, add the 100ml half-fat crème fraîche and season to taste with salt and coarsely ground pepper. When ready to serve, bring back to a simmer and ladle in to bowls. Garnish with a few leaves of mint, and if you like a swirl of the crème fraîche. Bon Appetite 3 stars 1 reviews