Fast, easy, cheap and really tasty soup.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you have a good Asian Market you can get the Ramen type noodles without the seasoning. But, it's a huge bundle and no portioning, you just break off what you want. It made about 20 servings of noodles for $3.

I have only one very good Asian market near me. "The Oriental Market" in Jacksonville, Florida.

I'll have to look for this there.

Thanks!

Are packaged ramen noodles fried or just dried? I seem to recall they were fried, dried, then packaged.

If you have a good Asian Market you can get the Ramen type noodles without the seasoning. But, it's a huge bundle and no portioning, you just break off what you want. It made about 20 servings of noodles for $3.

Thanks.
I can understand the single serving concept, but if you're just going to throw away the flavor packet like Timothy, buying a bundle for 3 bucks seems like a good option.

Thanks.
I can understand the single serving concept, but if you're just going to throw away the flavor packet like Timothy, buying a bundle for 3 bucks seems like a good option.

The stock and meat from one chicken and various veg...I had lots of soup. And I could spice it anyway I liked for variation. Kept me in lunches and snacks for a bit...probably cost a total of $10 for all the different soups I made.

I couldn't agree more! I'll look for the large pack on my next trip to Jacksonville.

I'm going to look for them, too. I love a good noodle. And lots of people rave about these Ramen noodles. :chef:

I'm going to look for them, too. I love a good noodle. And lots of people rave about these Ramen noodles. :chef:
Look is right, because I couldn't read the label on the package or the directions. Good thing I knew what Ramen was and looked like.:LOL:

Interesting. They remind me of the angel hair pasta that comes like that. Like bird's nest.

Easily mistaken for a lookalike: Dried Eel Snot. Comes in a similar package with unreadable label, usually found next to the noodles.

Easily mistaken for a lookalike: Dried Eel Snot. Comes in a similar package with unreadable label, usually found next to the noodles.

Aww, now you tell me. I could have added some eel snot to my fish fatties :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom