HAMBURGER SOUP (crock-pot)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here is a simple slow cooker recipe. Quick preparation, Very Tasty.
We like it :yum:

CROCK POT HAMBURGER SOUP

1 Lb. Lean Ground Beef
1/4 tsp. Pepper
1/4 tsp. Oregano
1/4 tsp. Basil
1/4 tsp. Seasoned Salt
1 Bay Leaf
1 Envelope Onion Soup Mix
3 Cups Boiling Water
1 8oz. can Tomato Sauce
1 Tblsp. Soy Sauce
1 Cup Celery, sliced
1 Cup Carrots, sliced thin
1 Cup Macaroni, cooked & drained
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
2 Tblsp. Fresh Parsley, chopped

Crumble raw Ground Beef into the crock-pot. Add: Pepper, Oregano, Basil, Bay Leaf, Seasoned Salt, Dry Soup Mix. Stir in HOT Water, Tomato Sauce, and Soy Sauce. Then Add: Celery and Carrots.

COVER and cook on LOW for 8 HOURS.

Turn control to HIGH, Add cooked Macaroni and Parmesan Cheese.
COVER and cook 20 minutes on HIGH.
Sprinkle w/Parsley and serve.

Hiya Troublemaker :chef:
I have a message to give you from all my guys. "AWESOME!!!, tell whoever put this recipe up THANK YOU!!!!" "Were adoptable!" :LOL:

Made your soup yesterday. It was absolutely fantastic. Cheated just a bit and cooked it on the stove top. When it was finished put it on the back burner on a low simmer.

My oldest got home from work. Fist thing he did was sniff out your soup. " What smells so good?" He tried it, fell in love. Asked if I would make it again for his lunches. Now that's a compliment! :flowers:

Hubby tried a bowl. Well he to fell in love. So much so that huge pot I made is gone already. They couldn't stay out of it. So no soup for me today. They ate my lunch!

This one is a definite keeper. Rated it 5 stars.
Thank you very much we truly enjoyed your recipe. :flowers:

Now lets get cracking on getting me that wok. :angel:
Munky.

Hiya Troublemaker :chef:
I have a message to give you from all my guys. "AWESOME!!!, tell whoever put this recipe up THANK YOU!!!!" "Were adoptable!" :LOL:

Made your soup yesterday. It was absolutely fantastic. Cheated just a bit and cooked it on the stove top. When it was finished put it on the back burner on a low simmer.

My oldest got home from work. Fist thing he did was sniff out your soup. " What smells so good?" He tried it, fell in love. Asked if I would make it again for his lunches. Now that's a compliment! :flowers:

Hubby tried a bowl. Well he to fell in love. So much so that huge pot I made is gone already. They couldn't stay out of it. So no soup for me today. They ate my lunch!

This one is a definite keeper. Rated it 5 stars.
Thank you very much we truly enjoyed your recipe. :flowers:

Now lets get cracking on getting me that wok. :angel:
Munky.

(Singsong) Ha ha, I toldja. Ha ha, ha ha ha!

All my kids pitched in and set the table so this fantastic soup could get to them faster. No little cereal bowls for them. :angel:

Munky, did you put cabbage in it or not? I'm about to start my pot on the stove.

I would have if it didn't require me to go out in a storm to buy a head.
Doesn't that sound good though?

This soup just hit the spot. Were all sick with bad chest colds. Fever chills you name it I'm feeling it. It was just a wonderful filling hearty soup.

Next time I'll put cabbage in it. Love that stuff!

I did add just a touch of Worcestershire sauce and a little beef boullion to the batch. Nice touch. Took some sour dough bread for dunking purposes. Well, that was my dinner last night. Still outta luck on lunch! :LOL:

Have fun! :flowers:

Munky.

(Singsong) Ha ha, I toldja. Ha ha, ha ha ha!

All my kids pitched in and set the table so this fantastic soup could get to them faster. No little cereal bowls for them. :angel:

LOL Told me right! :LOL:

Maybe it should be called Mamma Maloney's Luv Soup.

My guys actually cleaned up the kitchen after dinner. Yep it's a keeper alright.:LOL:

Munky.

this hamburger soup has me intrigued, and just listen to all the raves from everyone! it has me wondering though. i have made hamburger soup many times, and not very different from this, either--just without the macaroni and onions, not onion soup mix. when my mom was still making it, it was my favorite soup of all! what in this soup needs 8 hours to cook or 'marry'? how would it taste different in only 2 or 3 hours, i wonder.--i think i'll be finding out soon enough, and 1/3 head of cabbage will be in there for sure.... :)

this hamburger soup has me intrigued, and just listen to all the raves from everyone! it has me wondering though. i have made hamburger soup many times, and not very different from this, either--just without the macaroni and onions, not onion soup mix. when my mom was still making it, it was my favorite soup of all! what in this soup needs 8 hours to cook or 'marry'? how would it taste different in only 2 or 3 hours, i wonder.--i think i'll be finding out soon enough, and 1/3 head of cabbage will be in there for sure.... :)

The thing about this soup is that you can add any flavor you would add to beef stew. And the elbow macaroni absorbs the juices and even they taste like heaven. Make it in the morning, let it sit and heat it up for supper. It will even taste better. What juices are left in the bottom of the bowl can be sopped up with a piece of hearty peasant bread. I can't think of any way you can ruin this soup. I always had double the amount of broth so that I could cook the elbows right in it. One less pot. Sure they are past al dente, but that is the beauty of the soup. Every bite is so edible. And they have the flavor of the meat. Economical? You bet. You already have the seasonings. Most homes have the pasta in their pantry. It doesn't have to be elbows. Bow ties, rigatoni, any small pasta will do very nicely. Most folks keep hamburger in their freezer for emergencies. And we all keep onions on hand. Family doesn't like onions? Toss them into the FP and then toss into the broth. The tiny pices will melt right into the broth. They will never know. If you really want some for your lunch the next day, then I would suggest you use a stock pot instead of your DO. Double your recipe.

I think we should vote to have this soup named DC's Dish of the Year. Like Munky found out. None left for her lunch. And the same will happen to you. :angel:

Last edited:
I hope you and yours feel better soon Munky!

Vit, there's no reason why this can't be made on top of the stove with equally great results. There's plenty of time for everything to kiss and get cozy. I think a Crock Pot is great for people who can't tend to the pot, but I love being nosy every few minutes, and the steam is a great facial. ;):rolleyes:

I was thinking that a small bag of slaw from the grocery may be better for some, than a whole head of cabbage.

Mine is smelling wonderful and Steve made cole slaw out of the remaining head.

grated cheese is an addition that i'll be looking forward to tasting when i make my version of this hamburger soup next. this is going to be one helluva hearty soup--but unfortunately, one which doesn't stand much chance of being around long enough to become anyone's tomorrow meal. i usually like barley in this soup, but i will try making it with pasta this time, and see how that is.... :)

I hope you and yours feel better soon Munky!

Vit, there's no reason why this can't be made on top of the stove with equally great results. There's plenty of time for everything to kiss and get cozy. I think a Crock Pot is great for people who can't tend to the pot, but I love being nosy every few minutes, and the steam is a great facial. ;):rolleyes:

I was thinking that a small bag of slaw from the grocery may be better for some, than a whole head of cabbage.

Mine is smelling wonderful and Steve made cole slaw out of the remaining head.

Excellent idea. Living alone, it would make more sense. :angel:

Thank You All

WOW I am so glad I shared this recipe with you all. I know there are many versions of this but this is the way I have made it for the past 40 years.
I made it again today with the addition of 1 cup shredded cabbage and it was delicious.
Sometimes rather than doubling the recipe I add a beef bouillon cube and a couple of cups of water to stretch the broth.
Yes it can be made on the stove-top, I just prefer the longer slower blending of the juices in the crock-pot when time allows. I think it enhances the flavor.
Thank you all, your compliments made my day. XOxo MaLoney :)

I must admit I used a big glug of catchup in mine. Before anyone does an eye roll, :rolleyes: I know it sounds weird but before and after taste test proved it gave it some punch that we liked.

I must admit I used a big glug of catchup in mine. Before anyone does an eye roll, :rolleyes: I know it sounds weird but before and after taste test proved it gave it some punch that we liked.

That's exactly what I was going to do, since I don't have any tomato sauce.

Back
Top Bottom