"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Soups, Stews & Casseroles > Soups
Old 11-10-2012, 07:28 PM   #31
Chef Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
I hope you and yours feel better soon Munky!

Vit, there's no reason why this can't be made on top of the stove with equally great results. There's plenty of time for everything to kiss and get cozy. I think a Crock Pot is great for people who can't tend to the pot, but I love being nosy every few minutes, and the steam is a great facial.

I was thinking that a small bag of slaw from the grocery may be better for some, than a whole head of cabbage.

Mine is smelling wonderful and Steve made cole slaw out of the remaining head.
Excellent idea. Living alone, it would make more sense.

Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:38 PM   #32
Sous Chef
Thank You All

WOW I am so glad I shared this recipe with you all. I know there are many versions of this but this is the way I have made it for the past 40 years.
I made it again today with the addition of 1 cup shredded cabbage and it was delicious.
Sometimes rather than doubling the recipe I add a beef bouillon cube and a couple of cups of water to stretch the broth.
Yes it can be made on the stove-top, I just prefer the longer slower blending of the juices in the crock-pot when time allows. I think it enhances the flavor.
Thank you all, your compliments made my day. XOxo MaLoney

Chef Maloney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:36 PM   #33
Master Chef
I must admit I used a big glug of catchup in mine. Before anyone does an eye roll, I know it sounds weird but before and after taste test proved it gave it some punch that we liked.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:51 PM   #34
Chef Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
I must admit I used a big glug of catchup in mine. Before anyone does an eye roll, I know it sounds weird but before and after taste test proved it gave it some punch that we liked.
That's exactly what I was going to do, since I don't have any tomato sauce.
Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:41 PM   #35
Chef Extraordinaire
I love adding tomato sauce to lots of things

All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt
Kylie1969 is offline   Reply With Quote

hamburger, recipe, soup

HAMBURGER SOUP (crock-pot) Here is a simple slow cooker recipe. Quick preparation, Very Tasty. We like it :yum: [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"]CROCK POT HAMBURGER SOUP[/SIZE][/FONT] 1 Lb. Lean Ground Beef 1/4 tsp. Pepper 1/4 tsp. Oregano 1/4 tsp. Basil 1/4 tsp. Seasoned Salt 1 Bay Leaf 1 Envelope Onion Soup Mix 3 Cups Boiling Water 1 8oz. can Tomato Sauce 1 Tblsp. Soy Sauce 1 Cup Celery, sliced 1 Cup Carrots, sliced thin 1 Cup Macaroni, cooked & drained 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated 2 Tblsp. Fresh Parsley, chopped Crumble raw Ground Beef into the crock-pot. Add: Pepper, Oregano, Basil, Bay Leaf, Seasoned Salt, Dry Soup Mix. Stir in HOT Water, Tomato Sauce, and Soy Sauce. Then Add: Celery and Carrots. COVER and cook on LOW for 8 HOURS. Turn control to HIGH, Add cooked Macaroni and Parmesan Cheese. COVER and cook 20 minutes on HIGH. Sprinkle w/Parsley and serve. 5 stars 1 reviews