HAMBURGER SOUP (crock-pot)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef Maloney

Senior Cook
Here is a simple slow cooker recipe. Quick preparation, Very Tasty.
We like it :yum:

CROCK POT HAMBURGER SOUP

1 Lb. Lean Ground Beef
1/4 tsp. Pepper
1/4 tsp. Oregano
1/4 tsp. Basil
1/4 tsp. Seasoned Salt
1 Bay Leaf
1 Envelope Onion Soup Mix
3 Cups Boiling Water
1 8oz. can Tomato Sauce
1 Tblsp. Soy Sauce
1 Cup Celery, sliced
1 Cup Carrots, sliced thin
1 Cup Macaroni, cooked & drained
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
2 Tblsp. Fresh Parsley, chopped

Crumble raw Ground Beef into the crock-pot. Add: Pepper, Oregano, Basil, Bay Leaf, Seasoned Salt, Dry Soup Mix. Stir in HOT Water, Tomato Sauce, and Soy Sauce. Then Add: Celery and Carrots.

COVER and cook on LOW for 8 HOURS.

Turn control to HIGH, Add cooked Macaroni and Parmesan Cheese.
COVER and cook 20 minutes on HIGH.
Sprinkle w/Parsley and serve.

Hamburger soup is something I've never tried. It's not something you'll see in SA. South Africans like meat on the bone (with marrow) for soups. It sounds good to me though, I'll try it. Thank you :)

I used to make Hamburger Soup for my kids when they were small. Only mine wasn't so grand. I made it usually on Girl Scout night. I would get home from scouts to late to make a big meal and Hamburger Soup it was. It was a quick on top of the stove fix meal. A real inexpensive meal for a family and taste great on a cold night. :angel:

That sounds really good. We have a soup and sandwhich thing at our house. At least once a week I make a pot of soup. Then I get a french baquette, cut it into four equal size portions, stick some deli meat and cheese on the inside. Wrap the sandwhiches in foil and warm up in the oven. Soup is so economical (unless its lobster bisque!), and its so nutritious. You just can't beat it.

I'm looking forward to trying this recipe out.

Love the crockpot!! This sounds wonderful. I will add this in to my dinner plan for next week. Reminds me I have to pick up some more parmesan at the store.

That sounds really good. We have a soup and sandwhich thing at our house. At least once a week I make a pot of soup. Then I get a french baquette, cut it into four equal size portions, stick some deli meat and cheese on the inside. Wrap the sandwhiches in foil and warm up in the oven. Soup is so economical (unless its lobster bisque!), and its so nutritious. You just can't beat it.

I'm looking forward to trying this recipe out.

It is really a hearty soup and very filling. Don't be surprised if they call for seconds and thirds. My kids loved it. And if you should be fortunate enough to have some left over for your lunch the next day, it is even better. Like any good soup. :angel:

Hamburger soup is something I've never tried. It's not something you'll see in SA. South Africans like meat on the bone (with marrow) for soups. It sounds good to me though, I'll try it. Thank you :)

it is surprising the amount of savory flavor hamburger adds to a vegetable soup, without the slightest need for soup bones!:yum:

Looks like a good recipe and I love hamburger soup although I haven't made it in ages. My recipe has the addition of chopped cabbage....soooooooo good!

oh yess, kayelle!! cabbage is sublime in this hamburger soup--to me, the most important veggie in there--one that gives it its own distinct identity!:yum: add just the smallest little bit of cabbage to this soup even if you think you won't like it, you just might be surprised....:)

Looks like a good recipe and I love hamburger soup although I haven't made it in ages. My recipe has the addition of chopped cabbage....soooooooo good!

I have to expand my brain. I love cabbage and never think of it except for cole slaw and in a boiled dinner. Thanks for waking me up. :angel:

;) Glad you all like the cabbage idea. :yum:

Actually, the hamburger soup with the cabbage reminds me of all the yummy flavors of stuffed cabbage rolls with none of the work. I just sent hubby to the grocery and you can guess what's for dinner tonight. I'll do it on top of the stove as it's late in the day here and I love to use my pretty Dutch Oven.

Actually, the hamburger soup with the cabbage reminds me of all the yummy flavors of stuffed cabbage rolls with none of the work. I just sent hubby to the grocery and you can guess what's for dinner tonight. I'll do it on top of the stove as it's late in the day here and I love to use my pretty Dutch Oven.

As I posted before, on top of the stove was my quick supper. Cooks up just fine. And it is sooo good. :angel:

I am making this tomorrow (in the crock-pot) with cabbage. I think that will be a wonderful addition. Just sounds right. Thanks again Kayelle :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom