Have a recipe for cream soup base, but how to make it tomato?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

magnoliasouth

Assistant Cook
I have a condensed cream soup base recipe that I absolutely adore with the typical standard ingredients of butter, flour and milk. I've used it for baked potato soup, cream of chicken/mushroom, cream of broccoli and so forth.

The one thing I cannot figure out though is how to make a condensed tomato soup using tomato sauce, paste or whatever.

Does anyone know or have suggestions? Or am I supposed to forgo the recipe altogether and use something else?

In any case, without buying condensed tomato soup in a can, how can I make one just as good, if not better? The trick is that it would need to be condensed so I can use it in recipes as well.

Get some tomatoes and oven roast them put them in your soup cream base and put them in a blender...

Have you tried adding tomato product to your base? Maybe just add a can of crushed tomatoes. I usually simmer my tomatoes with some shallots, add a touch of baking soda, then add cream. et voila: tomato soup.

have a recipe for cream of tomato soup i found at food network. not condensed though. am going to make next week. i love tomato soup and the canned versions have way to much salt.

Back
Top Bottom