Help me jazz up plain 'ol Campbell's tomato soup.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
gnocchis (spelling?)
chopped spinach
cooked pasta
rice

I had some the other day and had some leftover zucchini and threw it in there with some leftover ground turkey which i made into lil bitey meatballs

gnocchis (spelling?)
chopped spinach
cooked pasta
rice

I had some the other day and had some leftover zucchini and threw it in there with some leftover ground turkey which i made into lil bitey meatballs

Spelling was correct ;) and gnocchi isn't a half bad way to jazz that stuff up - I might have to try that sometime...

I use either skim milk or half milk half water. I shred fresh basil and grind fresh pepper. I serve with a pinch of Parmesan on top. Simple and nicely doctored.

But then we can add : leftover--pasta, pepperoni, veg (zucchini is great, roasted garlic, mushrooms)

it's a great canvas to experiment with.

Canned soup! Ugh! Plain ol' canned soup, exactly!

Avoid it. Make your own with fresh vegetables. Fresh Tomato soup is so easy.

puff pasty soup

How about adding a puff pasty crown on your soup, make it a puff pasty soup..in that way you can have your soup and your bread as well. :chef:
2752594232_793dfc1994.jpg

bump. lurker surfing again.

an old irish bartender taught me this: when you're sick and if you don't like hot toddys (like me)i make bloody tomato soup.

worcestershire sauce, horseradish, thinly sliced celery, lots of black pepper.

seperately, i've heard of adding a little pickle juice, but i'm not so sure about that. :ermm:

Last edited:
i was just rhapsodizing over a second mug of the creamiest, dreamiest tomato & roasted red pepper soup ever! this one is from trader joe's, but though it is organic, this soup is loaded with sodium. my thoughts immediately turned to making my own version of this delicious bisque, and lightening up on the salt. can i get some ideas from you soup makers out there? with the advent of chilly autumn mornings, i've been moved to turn to long simmering meals in a pot, and have become a total freak for soupmaking this october. i have turned into an insatiable soup freak this month, with no signs of abatement....

I don't use Campbell's soup. For quick tomato soup I start with a 28 oz can of San Marzano tomatoes, dump it into a pan and give it a quick whiz with the hand blender. Then I thin it out with some half and half, add some finely chopped fresh basil, and heat it through. Takes a total of 5 minutes to make.

Last edited:
And another inspiration! I have a bunch of zippies of roasted cherry toms in the freezer, and need to use up the rest of the basil. It smells really good right now!

That's my recipe for tomato bisque! ;)

DH proclaimed it the best tomato soup he's ever had. Though I was a bit heavy-handed with the red pepper flakes...

I used a combo of Ina Garten's and Tyler Florence's recipes and whatever else I had.

Last edited:
For even quickest tomato soup, I use tomato juice. I make it non-dairy. It is one soup my no-eating-soup-of-any-kind daughter loves.

Charlie, I had a friend that worked in a local deli and when he overslept the soup of the day would be tomato rice. A can of tomato juice, rice, black pepper and a lump of butter, the customers loved it!

Another quick tomato soup is a jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce and a cup of heavy cream.

Back
Top Bottom