Help! Soup too spicy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

greeneyes200132

Assistant Cook
hey i am new and have a question i have made some soup that is to spicy for my taste how do i calm it down or can i

If it can be made into a cream soup, addition of cream might help.

If not, I know of no other way to lower the heat than to dilute it. You could make another batch and mix the two, or as pdswife said add tomatoes or another appropriate fluid.

Maybe someone else will have a better idea, I hope so.

Rather than dding vrius other ingredients that will alter the taste of the soup, make another batch or half batch with no spicy ingredients and combine them. Then you'll have the soup you expected that you can freeze the extra.

Wow, that was an old thread. Thank you for digging out rather than starting new thread.

I am with Andy on this one. Nothing else will work. and you cannot simply add to soup more vegies and more water, that will not work either. You have to make new batch of soup and then mix it together. Loeftovers are good for freezer, just like Andy said.

what about putting a few potatoes in it to boil away for awhile?....doesn't that help with too much salt in a soup?....maybe it would do the trick with spicy soup

I used some plain yogurt on too spicy a lamb curry sauce. Your beef noodle soup is probably a lot thinner consistency, but it worked wonders on my overly spiced curry sauce.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom