How Come No One Ever Told Me?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
I know someone has made a soup like this before. And no one ever told me how great it is. I give you Creamy Beet Soup, and it's the easiest soup to make ever.

Ingredients:
14.5 oz can sliced beets
Dash of ground cinnamon
Dash of ground cloves
Dash of ground nutmeg
2 tbs. butter

Drain the beets and place into the blender with everything but the butter. Blend until silky smooth (about 30 seconds on high speed). Pour into a microwave safe bowl and heat for 1 minute on high. Add the butter and stir to melt and blend. Enjoy.

This came out so creamy smooth, and wonderfully flavored that I'd say it's one of the best soups I've made, ever. It's ridiculously easy to make, and delicious. It's good enough to be proclaimed Comfort Food.

If anyone has another spice profile for this, or has made something similar, let me know. I could even see this as a base for hot slices of really good corned beef. Put a smear of the beet soup (thick enough to be a sauce, like ketchup) onto a plate. Place the corned beef on top with sides on the plate.

Along side of my beet soup, I ate a Cher Make brand (my current favorite hot dog) natural-casing hot dog. The not dog flavor married perfectly with the soup. On a chili October night, this was a perfect meal.

Hope you get to try it and that you enjoy it.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom