I accidentally dropped 2 chipotles in my chicken soup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

black chef

Senior Cook
:chef::chef::chef:

uh, i made my usual chicken soup and decided to drop two small dried chipotles into the pot... bringing it to a rolling boil for 10 min and a nice simmer for 15 more.

:ohmy: they added a whole new level of flavor to my soup!!

anyone ever try using these dried peppers in their soups???

:chef::chef::chef:

uh, i made my usual chicken soup and decided to drop two small dried chipotles into the pot... bringing it to a rolling boil for 10 min and a nice simmer for 15 more.

:ohmy: they added a whole new level of flavor to my soup!!

anyone ever try using these dried peppers in their soups???

You're kidding, right? I love dried peppers in my chicken soup. But I have to take out some of the soup and cook it in a seperate pot as my wife is hyper sensitive to spicy componants. So I have one batch for me, and whoever visits, and one for my DW.

Peppers in soup, a great combination.:mrgreen::chef:

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Thanks BC, most people think about hot peppers adding hotness to a dish. And I like them for that but also for the flavor as you mentioned.

And chipotles are great.

Merry Christmas.

mmmm, Serendipity indeed. I love chicken soup with chipolte. serve it with a little wedge of fresh lime and some sprigs of cilantro.

Please send me some, soup of this nature would be wonderful on a cold day like today!

I like grinding up dried chipolte in my spice grinder (read coffee grinder) I just break off the stem and throw the whole thing in. makes it easier to cook with.

:LOL: sorry, but i can't send you any soup. in 2 days, my parents DEVOURED a 5 quart pot; i only had 2 small bowls myself. :huh:

but i'm in louisiana... one day we need soup to keep warm because it's 38 F outside. the next day, we're outside washing the car with no shoes, no shirts needed-cause it's 81 F like it was today.

this weather is crazy.

mmmm, Serendipity indeed. I love chicken soup with chipolte. serve it with a little wedge of fresh lime and some sprigs of cilantro.

Please send me some, soup of this nature would be wonderful on a cold day like today!

I like grinding up dried chipolte in my spice grinder (read coffee grinder) I just break off the stem and throw the whole thing in. makes it easier to cook with.

good call on the cilantro and lime.
a guest that was making chicken soup for us made a "happy accident" by confusing cilantro with parsley from my garden, and added it to her soup.

now, if given the chance, i make thai chicken soup by adding what you mentioned. yummmm.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom