Iced avocado soup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Avocado soup
6-ripe avocados
5-c. chicken stock
2-c. light cream
3-4 tab. fresh lime juice
dash or 2 of Tabasco
Pinch of cayene pepper
salt and pepper to taste
Thin slices of lime
cilantro sprigs
creme fraiche
Puree avocados with chicken broth in f/p or blender. Combine remaining ingredients blending well with a wisk...Chill.
Serve in ice cold soup cups or large margarita glasses. Top with a dollop of creme fraiche, a sprig of cilantro and a lime slice. ENJOY:)
kadesma

I love it..I'm an avocado nut from way back..One of my favorite things. I get a cup of this, some iced tea and some crackers and just relax:)
kadesma

My dear friend just brought me a bucket of 25 haas avocados from her tree tonight! Looks like it's soup weather!

Here's mine:

Chilled Avocado Soup

Blenderize till smooth:
1 peeled, pitted and sliced avocado (Preferably Haas, or one that is really "buttery")

1/2 c. chicken broth (or you can use bouillon cubes in hot water, but make sure you cool it down before using)

1/2 c. sour cream

1/2 c. light cream

Grated rind of 1 lemon

Put into a bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap.
Chill 4 hours. Garnish with fresh dill or sliced chives.

(The surface will darken, so just before serving, discard the top 1/8", then just stir it and serve)

jkath,

I'll have to give this one a try. It looks delicious..Thanks:)

kadesma

Now these look like some great summer recipes! I've got something similar in one of my cookbooks. But I don't have the avacado soup recipe. That's one I've got to make, and soon. It looks yummy, especially in the heat we've been having.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Here's another for the summer:

AVOCADO SMOOTHIE

1 cup vanilla ice cream
2 ounces lowfat milk
6 ounces avocado
1 1/3 cups frozen strawberries
1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
whipped cream

Cut avocado into half. Put ice cream, milk, avocado, and frozen strawberries into blender. Add honey or maple syrup, nutmeg and cinnamon. blend until smooth. Pour into 20 oz. serving cup. Top with whipped cream. Sprinkle extra nutmeg if desired.

Oh boy, I just know, I'm coming home with a bushel full of avocados tomorrow:LOL: jkath, i'm gonna weigh a ton:ROFLMAO:
kadesma, but what a way to go:LOL:

JKath; What a gran recipe. I'm gonna have to try that one as well. I wonder if it would adapt to my tofu/fruit smoothie. Sounds like experimentin' time to me. :mrgreen:

Seeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Back
Top Bottom