ISO a drop dead creamy roasted red pepper soup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How about Oven Baked Sweet Potato & Red Pepper? It's the soup I lived on all winter long and super easy & tasty! Let me know if you want the recipe.

How about Oven Baked Sweet Potato & Red Pepper? It's the soup I lived on all winter long and super easy & tasty! Let me know if you want the recipe.
I would love that, absolutely love that. But this is for my daughter and she wants me to try and find this duplicate to the one she adored in Portland Oregon. Who knows, maybe someone will come to the rescue. Thanks though Kitty....................

Well, I've never attempted to make one, but hopefully I can point you in the right direction. This is pure guess, so I can't really give quantities.

2 T vegetable oil
Roasted Red Bell peppers, probably 2, peeled, seeded, and sliced
julienned shallots, probably one big one
minced garlic, probably a clove or two.
minced fresh thyme and rosemary, to taste
white wine, about 1/4 c or less
vegetable stock, probably 2 c
heavy cream, probably 2 c
salt and pepper to taste

In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the shallots and garlic, and saute until wilted and just beginning to caramelize. Add the pepper strips, and increase the heat to medium-high. Stir and saute until the pan begins to show some good color (stainless steel is good for this). Add the thyme and rosemary, and stir for a minute. Pour in the wine to deglaze the pan. Once the wine begins to cook down, and takes on a good nice reddish-orange color, and the pan is deglazed, add the vegetable stock and cream. Bring to a simmer, and cook until flavors marry, about 20 minutes. Puree the soup (using an immersion blender will make it easier, you can just puree in the pan you're cooking in) carefully. Return to the heat, and tighten with roux if you need to (I probably wouldn't).

Plate and serve.

If you want to get fancy, garnish with a few strips of roasted pepper, some freshly chiffonade-cut basil, and croustades.

Remember, this is all off the top of my head, cooking-by-the-seat-of-my-pants type that I do at work when the Chef asks me to make a sauce for him on a quick basis. If you try it, be sure to post your results, and we can try to tweak it a bit.

Well, I've never attempted to make one, but hopefully I can point you in the right direction. This is pure guess, so I can't really give quantities.
2 T vegetable oil Roasted Red Bell peppers, probably 2, peeled, seeded, and sliced julienned shallots, probably one big one minced garlic, probably a clove or two. minced fresh thyme and rosemary, to taste white wine, about 1/4 c or less vegetable stock, probably 2 c heavy cream, probably 2 c
salt and pepper to taste
In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the shallots and garlic, and saute until wilted and just beginning to caramelize. Add the pepper strips, and increase the heat to medium-high. Stir and saute until the pan begins to show some good color (stainless steel is good for this). Add the thyme and rosemary, and stir for a minute. Pour in the wine to deglaze the pan. Once the wine begins to cook down, and takes on a good nice reddish-orange color, and the pan is deglazed, add the vegetable stock and cream. Bring to a simmer, and cook until flavors marry, about 20 minutes. Puree the soup (using an immersion blender will make it easier, you can just puree in the pan you're cooking in) carefully. Return to the heat, and tighten with roux if you need to (I probably wouldn't).
Plate and serve.If you want to get fancy, garnish with a few strips of roasted pepper, some freshly chiffonade-cut basil, and croustades.Remember, this is all off the top of my head, cooking-by-the-seat-of-my-pants type that I do at work when the Chef asks me to make a sauce for him on a quick basis. If you try it, be sure to post your results, and we can try to tweak it a bit.
Thanks for helping me out here. I will try it, sounds wonderful to me, not too overpowering and simple too. I have all the ingreds except for the peppers which I'll get from the store when I get home. Do you think it has to be heavy cream or would say 1/2 and 1/2 work too? I have more 1/2 and 1/2 than most could use in a year is why I'm asking.

merstar, I'll show these to her too. they also look easy enough to pull off, nothing odd in the flavoring, and if I puree the potato, it should still be smoothe. thanks for the links.

merstar, I'll show these to her too. they also look easy enough to pull off, nothing odd in the flavoring, and if I puree the potato, it should still be smoothe. thanks for the links.

You're very welcome!

Back
Top Bottom