ISO Cream of Lettuce Soup Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chuffle

Assistant Cook
Hello All:

I have been searching high and low for a cream of lettuce soup recipe that I had on a couple of occasions many, many years ago. I have searched the internet, and have come up with many a lettuce soup recipe, but not one of them calls for leeks...and I know that the recipe I am searching for uses leeks.

The ingredients that I remember are a couple leeks, head of iceberg lettuce, and chicken or veggie stock. I don't remember any of the other ingredients. The soup is run through the blender or food processor, and then served with a dollop of sour cream.

The recipe came from a recipe card collection that was sold in the 1970s called (I think) My Favorite Recipes.

Does this ring a bell with anyone?

Many thanks in advance!

Joe

Hi, Joe. I just did a search on Epicurious for "cream of lettuce soup" and came up with these 5 hits. The first 4 are some form of cream of lettuce soup and the last one is a beef soup topped with shredded lettuce. See if any of the first 4 are what you might be searching for.

Katie:

Thanks for the reply with information.

Hmmmmmm...peas in the soup...this I don't remember, but it has been years.

The potage saint-germain has the leeks that just make it special. I wonder if that is the recipe?

Thanks so much.

Joe

Back
Top Bottom