ISO "Cream of ... Soup" Recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My boys love the mexican chicken dish that I got from a friend. All it is,
chicken
rotel
cream of mushroom
onion
shredded cheddar
cheese Dorito's

can of cream of mushroom soup
2 cups macroni, cooked
1 1/2 cups diced velveeta cheese
2 hard boiled eggs chopped in biggish hunks
1/2 cup diced onion
2 pks dried beef
1/2 cup milk

mix together and bake at 350 or so for 1 hour or until done.

large roast
1 pk dried onion soup
one can of any creamed soup---usually mushroom or celery or chicken
mix together
put carrots on bottem of roasting pan
lay beef on top
pour on soup mixture
bake covered 350 for three hours

I'm not sure if it's my best, but it's a total TNT :)

This lovely simple soup can just as easily be made with left over turkey stock (you can even make it with vegetable stock, if you like), and as it is a light soup it works wonderfully as a first course. I always prefer to use homemade stock, especially for this recipe as it will help to keep the flavour from being too dull. Once it's cooked this soup will keep for 3 days in the fridge, or at least 2 months in the freezer.

Creamy Basil Soup

3 cups chicken stock (preferably organic or homemade)

1 cup fresh basil leaves, finely sliced

¼ cup butter or margarine

3 tbsp all purpose flour or cornstarch

3 cups of milk

½ cup of crème fraîche

Kosher or sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste (both optional)

In a large saucepan (soup pot) over medium high heat, combine the basil and the stock, uncovered for about 15 minutes.

In a second pan over medium heat, add the butter or veg margarine. Once it has melted gently whisk or stir in the flour, salt and pepper (if using) and stir until the mixture forms a smooth golden roux. Gradually add in the milk and bring the mixture to a gentle boil. Reduce the heat by half and stir the milk mixture for two minutes (or until thickened).

Next gradually add in the stock and the cream fresh (don't allow it to boil again). Reduce the heat to low and allow the the flavours to combine for at least 10 minutes; taste and adjust the seasoning as needed.

Serve warm with lots of fresh basil scattered over the top, and a little parmesan cheese or some lovely garlicky croutons.

Serves 3-4 people as a light meal or starter (you can easily multiple this recipe as many times over as you need to).

Saute onions and mushrooms in a pan. Pour in one can of condensed cream of mushroom soup and mix until all the veggies are incorporated in the soup. Pour mixture over 2-4 fresh fish filets (I've made this with cod, halibut, snapper and tilapia... so anything will work!) and bake in the oven until fish is cooked through.

Voila! (almost) instant fish in a mushroom cream sauce. Serve it with some wild rice and fresh, mixed greens and you've got a good dinner!

Alpine Chicken

Lay 6 chicken breasts in pan and top each with a slice of swiss cheese
Mix 1 can cream of mushroom soup with 1/2 can sherry, pour on top
Mix 1 box chicken stuffing with 1/2 stick of butter, sprinkle on top
Bake covered at 350 for 45 minutes, take off cover and cook addtl 15 min.

Texas Potatoes

Mix 1 can cream of chicken, 16 oz of sour cream & 2 c shredded cheddar cheese, add one bag of frozen cubed hash browns
Put in 13 x 9 pan - sprinkle with crushed corn flakes
Melt 1 stick of butter and pour over top
Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes

I also do a pot roast like Tilly but add some sherry to it - no veggies either and crock pot it for 6-8 hours. Serve with broad noodles.

Michelemarie said:
Texas Potatoes

Mix 1 can cream of chicken, 16 oz of sour cream & 2 c shredded cheddar cheese, add one bag of frozen cubed hash browns
Put in 13 x 9 pan - sprinkle with crushed corn flakes
Melt 1 stick of butter and pour over top
Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes

I also do a pot roast like Tilly but add some sherry to it - no veggies either and crock pot it for 6-8 hours. Serve with broad noodles.

Never heard of it:LOL: Someone is pulling your leg. Sounds good though. I'll have to try it out on the critics.

I must share this with you Texasgirl - My husband was born and raised in San Antonio - his whole family is still there - including very proud grandparents - they are in Bryan (Texas A&M). Every holiday we are given "Texas-inspired" gifts - you name it, we have it with Texas or the A&M emblem on it - clocks, frames, pictures, dishes, clothing, figurines, you name it, we got it. I have more Texas cookbooks than I know what to do with - that is where I saw the recipe. Actually, I have seen this recipe in several other cookbooks, with a different name though. It is such an easy recipe, I am sure more than one person "invented" it :LOL: - they are good though, and easy!

Chinese Noodle Chicken

1 chicken or individual chicken pieces, cut up
2 cups sour cream
2 cans cram of mushroom soup
1 package onion soup mix
2 cans chinese noodles (also known as chow mein I think. They are the fried noodles that come in the blue box. They are also used on salads a lot)

Place chicken pieces in single layer in shallow baking pan.

Mix sour cream, mushroom soup and onion soup together. Blend well and pour over chicken.

Sprinkle with chineese noodles

Bake for 1 hour at 375

A family favorite is sausage and noodles: combine browned & crumbled mild bulk pork sausage, a can of drained shrooms (opt), cooked egg noodles, cream of mushroom soup and the milk called for. Put in casserole and heat, covered in microwave or 350 oven. When hot, remove and top with slices of Velveeta. Return to oven and heat uncovered until cheese is melted. Steamed broccoli is very good with this.

A family favorite of ours is creamed tuna.

3 cans cream of mushroom soup
3 cans tuna, drained (we used the ones packed in spring water)
3 boiled eggs, sliced
1+1/2 cans milk

Combine all ingredients together in a pot and heat, stirring occasionally. Serve over bread or toast.

:)

It's hard for me to call you that, because I call my husband Kimbaby all the time! His name is Calvin Kimsey, and he has always been called Kim.

Let me assure you, that recipe is a family pleaser. The way I make it, it's tasty but not challenging. My daughter often asks for sausage and noodles for her birthday. Just think comfort food.

Back
Top Bottom