ISO fish soup/stew

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I have a pot of crushed lobster shells, crab shells, shrimp shells, mussel shells, a salmon rack, trout fish head, and salmon tail in a stock pot. I first sauteed leeks, carrots, celery, and crab boil spices, added the shells, then added the water I had saved from cooking the lobsters, a couple of fresh bay leaves, a couple of anchovy fillets, one lemon, sliced in 1/2, bay, juniper berries, crushed (about 4), tomatoes (juiced), some leftover tomato-red pepper sauce from Friday, 1/2 c dry white wine, a pinch of cloves, some cardamon, grated ginger, dill, Italian parsley, one chopped hot pepper. It tastes great...next I have to strain it make it into something. I have crab, shrimp, scallops, some leftover lobster, salted cod, stealhead trout, salmon, mussels, crab, shrimp, haddock, and clams. I know the scallops, crab, and lobster will make it into the pot, as well as the shrimp, just not sure about everything else...and debating about making it with cream or having a clear broth with green onions, celery, carrot...what to do, what to do? The stock is very tasty...and there is a lot of it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom