ISO help w/kale soup in crock-pot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You are getting lousy kale it takes that long to be tender. You are turning it into mush. Yuck. I have probably cooked more than 500 lb of kale and I've never had to cook it for 45 minutes. I saute it for breakfast for about 10 minutes in olive oil/bacon fat/coconut fat. 45 minutes, no way. It should be tender in 12-15 minutes or less.

Not everyone can grow their own kale, I actually have to buy it in a store. I'm sure your home grown tender kale is far superior to what I buy, but I assure you the kale I buy is not turned to "mush" with my cooking method.
:ermm:

Kayelle, I doubt that how you cook your kale is how it is to be cooked. Forty-five minutes is way too long and you are cooking it to a degree that renders it beyond how kale should taste and how it should be cooked. You are way overcooking it if you are cooking it for 45 minutes.

3: Potato Kale Stew - 10 Ways to Cook Kale | HowStuffWorks

Your link seems to say the opposite: "Instead of adding greens a few minutes before the stew is done, you can throw in kale at the beginning and not worry that it'll get soggy or overdone."

Btw, it's a bit of overkill to say she's overcooking it four times ;)

Some stores sell ' baby kale', which are smaller ( don't need to be torn or deveined) and cook a lot quicker too.

That being said, me personally would opt for chard or spinach. Different taste, but a taste i prefer.

I don't mind the taste of kale, but its usually more work than I'd like to put into when cooking a leafy green.

Some stores sell ' baby kale', which are smaller ( don't need to be torn or deveined) and cook a lot quicker too.

That being said, me personally would opt for chard or spinach. Different taste, but a taste i prefer.

I don't mind the taste of kale, but its usually more work than I'd like to put into when cooking a leafy green.
I love Chard and spinach, but I am taking care of my parents and because of my Mom's meds, kale, Chard, and spinach are off the radar--killing me.

Your link seems to say the opposite: "Instead of adding greens a few minutes before the stew is done, you can throw in kale at the beginning and not worry that it'll get soggy or overdone."

Btw, it's a bit of overkill to say she's overcooking it four times ;)
Whatever. I am dealing with parents who are both suffering from a lot of health problems and my brother's estate. I barely can keep my head above water.

Back
Top Bottom