ISO Lemon Chicken Tarragon soup recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CassieKate

Assistant Cook
I have this soup at this great little bistro place where I live. I would LOVE to make it. Anyone have any ideas on how to make it?

Poached Chicken in Lemon-Tarragon Broth

The chicken can be served in the broth or reserved for sandwhiches.

4 skinless boneless chicen breasts
1/2 tsp. freshley ground pepper
1/3 tsp. salt
1.5 cups chicken broth
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tsp. lemon zest
1 tbsp. fresh tarragon
4 thing lemon slices
5 sprigs fresh terrargon

Season chicken with pepper and salt, place it in a pan just large enough to hold it in a single layer. Pour in broth and lemon juice, adding water if necessary to cover the chicken. Sprinkle with lemon zest and chopped tarragon.

cover pan and bring to a boil quickly, then quickly reduce heat to medium low, cover, and simmer until chicken is white but not overcooked, still juicy. 11-16 minutes

serve chicken and broth in shallow soup bowls, garnish with lemon slices and tarragon sprigs.

good luck, let me know how it turns out.

hi,cassiekate this is the recipe of lemon & tarragon roasted chicken

Ingredients (serves 4)

• 1.8kg organic free-range chicken
  • 1 lemon
  • 4 sprigs fresh tarragon
  • 1 bunch large Dutch carrots, trimmed, peeled
  • 4 small parsnips, trimmed, peeled, cut in half lengthways
  • 4 small leeks, trimmed
  • 1kg small chat potatoes
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • Sauce
  • 2 egg yolks
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves, finely chopped
  • 125g butter, melted
Method

1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Rinse the chicken inside and out with cold water and pat dry with paper towel. Using your fingers, gently loosen the skin from the breast to form a pocket. Thinly slice half the lemon. Place 2 tarragon sprigs and 3-4 slices of lemon under the skin on each side of the chicken breast. Season well with freshly ground black pepper and sea salt flakes. Put the remaining lemon half and tarragon sprigs into the chicken cavity. Tie the legs together with kitchen twine and tuck the wings underneath the chicken.
  2. Place the vegetables in a large roasting pan. Add the oil and toss until well coated. Place a wire rack above the vegetables and put the chicken on top. Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes or until cooked through. To check if the chicken is cooked, pierce the thickest part of the thigh with a skewer and if the juices run clear, the chicken is ready.
  3. Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. Place the egg yolks, lemon juice and tarragon into a food processor. Process for 30 seconds or until combined. With the motor running, slowly add the warm melted butter until a thick, creamy sauce forms.
  4. Serve the chicken with the roasted vegetables and sauce
try this its really tasty

tell me how it turns out

Back
Top Bottom