Maverick, this is the recipe from a "cookbook" I have for copycat recipes. Not sure if it's the same as the one you have linked.
CHILI'S RESTAURANT CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/8 cup chicken base (found with chicken bouillon)
1 1/2 cups diced yellow onions
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp granulated or minced garlic
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 cup Masa Harina (found with flour at grocery store)
2 quarts water, divided use
1 can crushed tomatoes
1/4 lb processed American cheese, cubed
1 1/2 lb cooked chicken, cubed or pulled
In a large pot, place oil, chicken base, onion and spices. Saute until onions are soft and clear, about 5 minutes.
In another container, combine Masa Harina with 1/2 quart water. Stir until all lumps are dissolved. Add to sauteed onions, bring to a boil. Once mixture starts to bubble, continue cooking 2-3 minutes stirring constantly. This will eliminate any raw taste from the Masa Harina.
Add remaining 1 1/2 quarts of water to pot. Add tomatoes, let mixture return to boil, stirring occasionally.
Add cheese to soup. Cook, stirring occasionally until cheese melts. Add chicken, heat through.
Makes 8 to 10 servings. Recipe can be doubled.
1 dozen corn tortilla
1 small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies, undrained
1 can beef broth or bouillon
1 can chicken broth (bouillon or water from cooked chicken)
1 can cream of chicken soup
3 chicken breasts, boiled and chopped
1 1/2 cups water (leftover from cooking chicken)
1 tablespoon steak sauce
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/8 teaspoon peooer
1 1/2 cups cubed Velveeta
shredded cheddar cheese
montery jack cheese
1. Cut 6 tortillas into 1/2 inch wide strips, set aside; cut 6 into 1/4 inch strips and fry in hot oil until crisp, set aside for garnish.
2. Saute onion and garlic in 2 T. hot oil in a Dutch oven.
3. Add remaining ingredients except 1/2 inch tortilla strips, cheese and paprika; bring to a boil.
4. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 1 hour.
5. Add tortilla strips, velveeta simmer uncovered, 10 minutes.
6. Sprinkle with paprika, and serve with garnishes on top.