ISO tips on homemade chicken soup?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was just sharing how to keep the PITA bones out of the broth. I find those lingerie bags that one gets at the dollar store ideal for that.

I was just sharing how to keep the PITA bones out of the broth. I find those lingerie bags that one gets at the dollar store ideal for that.

They are a good idea. I think SO would not be happy if I borrowed hers.:ohmy: I guess I'd better get my own.

Hi there -
My two cents worth (as a novice cook newbie)
Use butter in making your chicken broth. It makes the broth full-bodied and full of flavour. Also, add some bay leaves.
Finely chopped vegetables must include celery, onions and carrots.
mmmm delicious

I wish I could invite you all for the soup I made on Friday, it was 8 quart pot, but sorry we ate the whole darn pot, that is how good it was.

Butter in chicken soup? Sorry, just not my cup of tea.
Oh, yeah, and I really did not read the whole thread, because it is obvious that it is I who makes the best Chicken Soup. There is no need to enter my recipe as the original questioner is long gone by now and ain't coming back. And all of you have your own, proven ways of making soup anyways, so no matter what I say, you not going to do it.:LOL:;):ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
They are a good idea. I think SO would not be happy if I borrowed hers.:ohmy: I guess I'd better get my own.
I find they work great. And, after I rinse them, I put them in the DW (unless they are falling apart). I put the dishcloth and nylon scrubber in the DW as well. A friend's dad would put the hub cabs from his car in the DW. I haven't quite gotten to that--yet. And yeah---the SO would probably prefer if you picked up your own mesh bags at the dollar store and didn't use hers!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom