ISO TNT Japanese noodle soup?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abjcooking

Head Chef
I really enjoy some of the noodle soup that I can get at a resaurant here in London called Wagamama's which has now become a chain. I was wanting to make some myself, but there are so many recipes out there it's hard to know where to begin. I thought I would see if anyone on here had some TNT recipes that they have tried before.

These are the base ingredients I have at the house to start with. Mirin, rice vinegar, teryaki, soy sauce, fish sauce.

I don't know about Japanese, but here is my recipe:

Asian Chicken Noodle Soup

Serving Size : 2

4 ounces Chinese noodles -- dry
1 14.5 oz can chicken broth
6 shiitake mushrooms -- sliced
2 green onions -- chopped
1 chicken breast half without skin -- cubed
2 eggs

Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Stir noodles into boiling water and cook until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes. (For a chewier texture, shock the noodles by pouring 1 cup cold water into the pot when it starts to foam, then letting it come to a boil again to finish cooking.) Drain and divide into two serving bowls.

Meanwhile, bring chicken broth to boil in a medium saucepan with mushrooms and green onions.

Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces and stir into boiling broth. When broth returns to a boil, crack eggs into broth.

Continue to cook until chicken is no longer pink and eggs are cooked, about 10 minutes.

Pour the chicken soup over the noodles in the bowls and serve immediately

NOTES : You can vary the easy-to-buy ingredients however you want to yield as many servings as you want. Try adding a couple of tablespoons of whole kernel corn.

Back
Top Bottom