"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Soups, Stews & Casseroles > Soups

Old 01-15-2012, 12:03 PM   #11
Executive Chef

many of the recipes on the internet for parsley soup were for a cold "summer" soup--usually paired with avocados, potatoes or cucumbers, pureed.

Old 01-15-2012, 12:06 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

I know that I clipped this recipe originally from a cooking magazine. I know the page is tucked between the pages of one of my cookbooks...just don't know which of the 1000 it is in! I served it warm. I really liked it--I liked the flavor, the simplicity, and the use of the cottage cheese. But I think what I did was chop the parsley first in the FP...It was called Parisian Spring Soup or Parisian Parsley Soup, but I can't find that recipe on the Internet. The only ingredient in the link that I'm not sure about is the coriander...and, I'd make it with Meyer lemon juice! Now that I've fallen in love with Meyer lemons.

Old 01-15-2012, 04:29 PM   #13
Master Chef

I add parsley to all the soups I make, but making specifically parsley soup, that is interesting. I have a decent recipe for parsley dip, if you interested though.

Tags
recipe, soup

ISO - TNT Parsley Soup right now there is an enormous bunch of italian parsley sitting in my fridge, getting increasingly more limp each day with no plan in sight. the pantry is looking rather forlorn too. i'm thinking i should try making a parsley soup, but i don't know what all would taste good with a parsley base. potentially, a soup made with parsley could be quite interesting--or a disaster! what are some ingredients that might combine with parsley to make a tasty soup? potatoes, onions, carrots, peppers, cauliflower? i've googled parsley soup, but so far all i've been able to resolve is that it should be a cream soup with a chicken or vegetable broth. i would happily entertain any other parsley-based recipes or ideas (besides soup) that anyone might have to use up this lovely flat-leafed parsley of mine...:smile: 3 stars 1 reviews