ISO Tom Yum Soup Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
We had lunch at a Thai restaurant last week. We both had soup to start. I had tom kha gai and SO had the tom yum gai. I didn't care for my soup. I feel like I have a better recipe for tom kha gai than the restaurant.

I really like the tom yum gai. I have searched the internet for recipes and found several but would like to find one that has been proven to be delicious.

Please share your recipe.

I make a broth using chic stock, lemongrass, lime leaves, garlic, hot pepper. Let simmer fir awhile, like maybe an hour. The add add a some Marsri brand namprik pao (chili paste).

I strain it and then add chic (gai) or shrimp (goong) cook till done and hit with a squeeze of lime at the end.

You can freeze it before the proteins go in.

Note: I just made this up in my head, but it's won a recipe contest! I didn't call it Tom yum...

Sometimes I add Ginger and/or cilantro.

It's a great soup when you have a cold!

Last edited:
I have a recipe for it in one of my books, have not tried it yet, but looks like one I would like.

Last edited:
You asked for TNT...it is not, I was just curious if I had a recipe. I also have one on the opposite page for the tom kha gai, not as interested in that one. But, I will give you the ingredient list if you like.

You asked for TNT...it is not, I was just curious if I had a recipe. I also have one on the opposite page for the tom kha gai, not as interested in that one. But, I will give you the ingredient list if you like.

I have a tom kha recipe I really like. Please post the tom yum.

To follow up on all the great help you guys provided...

I made this soup last week and it was outstanding. it's now on my list of favorites.

Thank you all for your assistance.

Back
Top Bottom