Here is a fave of ours here in Ga...
Soupe aux le'gumes
2 garlic cloves
1 onion, peeled and quartered
4 leeks, white and tender green parts
1/2 small cabbage
3 celery ribs
4 T butter
2 cups canned chopped tomatos
2 sprigs parsley
2 sprigs thyme
2 bay leaves
1. Peel, wash, roughly chop potatoes. place in small pot, cover w/water, add onion, garlic, s/p-simmer til tender drain and set aside.
2. Wash and dice remaining veggies. melt butter and sweat vegs in 15 qt stockpot, stirring often.
3. add tomatoes, potatoes, onion, garlic, water to cover. Stir in parsley, thyme, bay leaves and continue to cook until all veggies are tender. drain and reserve cooking liquid.
4. Puree the drained vegetables in a food processor, thin the soup w/reserved cooking liquid to the consistency you like (not to watery, no to thick)
5. Correct seasoning and add fresh herbs
to serve, (your creamy requirement!)
sautee onion in butter and serve atop the soup w/nutmeg(if you wish), fresh ground pepper and a dollop of creme fraiche!
It is so stinking tasty, and outside the creme fraiche, low low low calories!