Making beef stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Margi. I guess I will keep using tomato paste. I found some organic tomato paste in a little jar! I'm really pleased, because I don't use tomato from cans because all the tomato cans have BPA.

Tax Lady: Yes, I use Little Jars Too !

I find the beef stock recipe as well as the chicken stock, veggie stock and fish and shellfish stock of Le Cordon Bleu fail proof ... I have been using their culinary training education I have had for years. I like the methods and the techniques.

Always a pleasure to hear from you. :chef::yum:
Thanks for all your feedback.
Margi.

Tax Lady,

We buy our´s in Bari in little jars ... and we go from village to village for the specialties of the province ( the main port of Puglia ) ...

I have just 1 small suitcase for all the flour, jars of olives, tomato paste, capers, and other such savoury goodies and sweets !

I have to have them wrapped in newspapers and bubble not to crack ...

I dislike canned items to start with ...

Margi.

Last edited:
@ Princess Fiona,

Yes, this is the thread for certain !

Now, I may a bit "loca" however, I believe there is another Beef Stock Thread ! ? It seems not to have shown your replies ... That is why I had mentioned it to you.

THANKS.
Interesting and informative post.

Best regards.
Margi.

It's entirely possible. There are so many threads! If you are loca, I am too and in good company!:)

Have a Great Night!
Fiona

A little bit of Star Anise will make your beef stock taste beefier. That one comes from Chef Heston Blumenthal, chef of the two-time best restaurant in the world, the Fat Duck.

A little bit of Star Anise will make your beef stock taste beefier. That one comes from Chef Heston Blumenthal, chef of the two-time best restaurant in the world, the Fat Duck.
I use star anice with a beef pie recipe. But with stock I use allspice berries....
Not sure how this turned out but I would just roast the bones with the vegetables until you start to get some blackening and bits of burning. Then add some water and slowly and gently reduce it by half. I let it cool, put the whole thing in a plastic container and chill. Then I strain it the next day when I go to use it.

Back
Top Bottom