Minestrone - To Pasta or Not To Pasta?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Breezy, my husband doesn't like gazpacho, either...he somehow cannot get past the idea that soup should be hot. What is wrong with these guys????

Yeah, but when you eat it cold it is like eating a bowl of salsa with a spoon, good, but strange..................

I normally use very little pasta in my Minestrone so it's not like you get a bite with every spoonful. I do like tubettini or acini de pepe and I add it towards the end. It seems to do ok for a few days in the fridge. For larger pasta I tend to make it separately though. If you use more pasta than I do I might be tempted to make it separately, cool under cold water, and then add it. That might help it not cook more when reheated - maybe?

I've been using acini de pepe a lot in my soups. I love cooking soups as it's economical, hearty and easy. The acini de pepe seems to give enough body without getting mushy as some of the larger pastas. I made pasta e fagoli with tubettini, but it absorbed all the liquid. I'm making lentil tomorrow, no starch in it though, just lentils, spinach and keilbasa.

Back
Top Bottom