More Duck Soup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoyC

Assistant Cook
From Kitchen of Light by Andreas Viestad
Duck Stock - Melt 1T butter over med. heat, add 1 onion chopped and saute till soft. Add 2qts. water, 2# duck bones, coarsely chopped, 4 carrots chopped,1 cup chopped celeriac and 2 bay leaves - bring to boil, skim off foam, reduce heat and simmer 1hr15min. strain and refrig till ready to use
Duck Soup - Bring 6cups stock to boil over med. heat- stir in 2cups heavy cream and1/4cup sweet madeira or sweet sherry. Add 1 carrot finely chopped, 1/4 cup finely chopped fennel, 1/4 cup finely chopped leek white and pale green only, l# cooked duck chopped, reduce heat to med.lo and simmer 5 minutes
Add 1T finely chopped sage and 1/4 cup chopped sugar snap peas, season with sea salt and finely ground black pepper - pour into bowls and serve
Sounds rather tasty doesn't it?

Sounds absolutely AWESOME!! Thanks for the recipe. There are some great ingredients - this HAS to be good!

Yum! This sounds like the excuse I have been looking for to buy another bottle of madiera. I bought one before Christmas to use for my marinade and sauce for beef wellington. Although it was a one litre bottle, and I only needed a quarter, the rest mysteriously evaporated :roll: I am sure I only had one glass!!!! :oops:

Back
Top Bottom