Ol-blue's Sausage And Ravioli Soup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ol-blue

Sous Chef
My son helped me put this soup together. He told me what he wanted in the soup and we made it together. If the soup thickens up overnight in the refridgerator, just thin it out with more beef base and water.
Enjoy! Debbie

OL-BLUE'S SAUSAGE AND RAVIOLI SOUP

img_590558_0_cf24b17f95b68e6f1e122cb7b0190ad3.jpg

1 package(s) (14 ounce) BEEF SMOKED SAUSAGE; I Use Hillshire.
2 clove(s) GARLIC; Minced.
1 cup(s) ONION; Chopped.
1/4 cup(s) SPLIT PEAS; Green.
8 cup(s) WATER
3 tablespoon(s) BEEF BASE
1 package(s) (25 ounce) BEEF RAVIOLI; Frozen.
1/2 GREEN BELL PEPPER; Chopped.
1 can(s) (14.5 ounce) GREEN BEANS; Drained.
1 can(s) (14.5 ounce) TOMATOES; Diced.
1 teaspoon(s) BASIL
1 teaspoon(s) OREGANO; Dried.
1/4 teaspoon(s) BLACK PEPPER
2 cup(s) SPINACH LEAVES; Fresh, Torn.
_____

In a sauce pan add spit peas and cover with water.
Bring to a boil and simmer gently for 2 minutes.
Remove from heat and let sit for 1 hour.
Slice sausage into thin bite size pieces.
Put a little oil in pot and cook onions, garlic, green pepper and sausage until onions are transparent.
Add water, beef base, undrained tomatoes, green beans, drained split peas and spices.
Bring to a boil and add ravioli and simmer covered for 45 to 60 minutes stirring occasionally.
Just before serving add torn spinach and let cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until wilted.
6 to 7 servings
_____

Try It

Going to try it Ol' Blue! Something I would never do on my own, never heard of putting ravioli in soup, but it sure looks good. How did your son like it? will let you know how the group here thinks of it.

thanks for sharing your recipes with us.

Going to try it Ol' Blue! Something I would never do on my own, never heard of putting ravioli in soup, but it sure looks good. How did your son like it? will let you know how the group here thinks of it.

thanks for sharing your recipes with us.

I never thought of adding ravioli to soup either until my son bought some soup with some in it at a local grocery store. I have made this 3 times now so I think my son loves it. My last batch, I did break up the ravioli into smaller bite size pieces while it was cooking and it did thicken the soup up more.

Ravioli in soup?! What a neat idea.
And of course you can buy it with different fillings.

Thanks for the recipe.

Looks great! Soups are one of my favourite things to cook, so I will try to make it sometime! Thanks!

Almost reminds me of an Italian stew... ol-blue, you always have wonderful recipes to share!

Almost reminds me of an Italian stew... ol-blue, you always have wonderful recipes to share!
I don't think I have ever heard of an Italian stew. It sounds good!

I'm glad you enjoy my recipes. I really do like to share them with people that appreciates them. Thank you for telling me that. Enjoy! Debbie

I got a recipe from a friend awhile back that had similar ingredients, your recipe reminded me of it except for the ravioli. I think it is a great idea to add the ravioli... almost acts as a dumpling... yum!

I got a recipe from a friend awhile back that had similar ingredients, your recipe reminded me of it except for the ravioli. I think it is a great idea to add the ravioli... almost acts as a dumpling... yum!

You are right...It does act like a dumpling. Enjoy! Debbie

Oh good lordy! Why would you post that when you know I'm sitting here eating a sprout salad at my desk?! Now I want to lick the monitor. That is the most scrumptious dish EVER. I think I love you.

Filling

surprisingly, this soup was really filling. We are having the rest tonight with garlic bread. They did like it. However, t hey told me I was too heavy on the oregano. Next time use less. To me it tasted just right the way you told me to fix it. Something different. they like variety.

thank you ol' blue

Back
Top Bottom