Prime Rib Beef Barley Soup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ol-blue

Sous Chef
I like to add fresh green beans when I have them. If you have any left over beef go ahead and add it for a meatier soup.
Enjoy! Debbie

PRIME RIB BEEF BARLEY SOUP

img_526524_0_382a474940732d5651d494a789a2e401.jpg

4 or 5 bones BEEF RIB ROAST; With Some Meat.
3 quart(s) WATER
1 ONION; Chopped.
4 cup(s) CARROTS; Cut Up.
1 can(s) (14.5 ounce) TOMATOES; Petite Diced.
1 teaspoon(s) SALT; Or To Taste.
1 teaspoon(s) BLACK PEPPER; Or To Taste.
PARSLEY; Dried, To Taste.
1/2 cup(s) PEARL BARLEY
4 cup(s) POTATOES; Cut Up.
1 can(s) GREEN BEANS; Drained.
_____

Put all ingredients except the barley to a large pot.
Bring to a boil; cover and reduce heat and cook over medium heat for 30 minutes.
Add barley and cook covered for another 30 minutes or until barley is tender.
Remove bones from pot and let cool enough until to handle.
Remove meat from bones and cut up into bite size pieces.
Return meat to pot.
Serve

Servings: 6 servings.
_____

Beef Barley Soup

Oh my, that looks simply amazing! Is this not one of the great comfort foods of all time?

I confess that I have made many a beef roast with the sole intention of getting enough leftovers for soup!!

My granddaughter just told me this morning that she was hungry for some barley soup. I am going to pass your recipe on to her. Thank you so much.

Ol-blue, I made your recipe for Prime Rib Beef Barley soup. It is very good, the only thing I added was a little instant beef bouillon granules and about a cup of sliced celery. I will definietly be making it again. Thanks so much for the recipe. JoAnn

Ol-blue, I made your recipe for Prime Rib Beef Barley soup. It is very good, the only thing I added was a little instant beef bouillon granules and about a cup of sliced celery. I will definietly be making it again. Thanks so much for the recipe. JoAnn

I thought about adding some beef base. I do this with my other Beef Barley Soup recipe I have. Celery sounds good.

I have to admit that looks tasty but when I have left over roast... i like Stew!

I have to admit that looks tasty but when I have left over roast... i like Stew!

I love Beef Stew also... I have never made stew with left over roast, always used stew meat dipped in flour and browned well. Makes the best gravy for stew. Now I want some stew...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom