Ribollita questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

giggler

Sous Chef
I would like to make this.

It seems, make your favorite vegetiable soup, and either add bread cubes, or simply serve it in a large bowl on top of a nice piece of bread. Then add good cheese.

My question is really about the bread. What kind should I buy?

I'm a Wonder Bread sort of Guy, but a really nice Bakery just opened up just a few blocks down the street from me!

Thanks, Eric, Austin Tx.

Don't use the Wonder bread, Eric. A crusty, hearty bread that will hold up to being soaked in hot soup is better. See if that new bakery has some ciabatta bread or a couple of ciabatta rolls. Use slices of the bread or a split roll.

Look up Lidua Bastianich's ribollita recipe.

It's the only one I've tried that tastes exactly like the soup I enjoyed in Italy.

And like Andy said, you need a nice crusty bread.

this is a "TOSCANA" recipe!!
You must use the tuscan bread: without salt and crunchy on the outside!

https://www.google.it/search?q=pane...LplAW-koCYBA&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=611

the bread must be "old". this recipe was of poor farmers!

You can try this:

I step:
175 gr flour 0
100 gr water
1 gr brewer's yeast

dissolve the yeast in water and add it in flour. then knead the lot. when the mixture is uniform brush with oil, put in container (ex. honey can, 1l). leave to rise for 12/13 hours (ambient temperature).

II step:
250gr flour 0
125gr water

add the first mixture with this ingredients (rapidly), cover and leave it to stand 30/35 min., before cooking. Give a shape. Dust with rice flour and 0, mixed.
put it on a floured baking pan, cover and wait (1,5 hours). It will get bigger.

cooking:
200° for 15minutes
180° for 30minutes
take out, put on grill and insert-it in the oven (off), again. After 15 minutes, it should be ready!!

Buon appetito! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom