Sometimes.. you just need some basic soup..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeff G.

Head Chef
Made a batch of beef vegetable soup tonight...
just boiled the roast down, pulled out the fat, separated the meat. Rough cubed up potatoes, carrots, onion and cabbage, added to the broth. Poured in tomato juice.. a few spices etc.. let it cook.

So good... hard to leave it alone. Just happy I have leftovers!!!

We had a really good beef vegetable soup last night, but I didn't go to all the trouble you did, Jeff. We had leftover roast from Sunday and the gravy was delicious so I added some beef broth, a package of mixed veggies, a couple of tomatoes minus their skins, some leftover noodles and bits and pieces of veggies from previous meals. Dh really enjoyed it and there is some for his lunch today. I will have the lentil soup.

inspired me to get indg. to make this. store has beef bones just for this purpose. i am adding green beans, carrots, a little potato, onions and some turnip greens. may add a bit of corn or some small amount of canned roasted tomatoes. any suggestions? will add beef broth if i need to.

inspired me to get indg. to make this. store has beef bones just for this purpose. i am adding green beans, carrots, a little potato, onions and some turnip greens. may add a bit of corn or some small amount of canned roasted tomatoes. any suggestions? will add beef broth if i need to.

That is where we differ on beef vegetable soup.. I want LOTS of broth. I cook the meat in water to make the broth, usually a nice chuck roast. so I end up with nice hunks of meat. As to the veggies I actually prefer JUST potatoes, carrots, cabbage and onion.. then add the tomato juice.... Oh and the some of the juice from the jar of banana peppers and a few of the mild peppers.

I used the last of the boston butt to make soup and SURPRISE! It tastes like Brunswick Stew.

Sounds delicious! I usually do this but with Vegetable Stock instead of tomato juice. Leftover beef is the best :)

Making Beef N Barley soup this weekend. Perfect comfort food for another snowy weekend.

I made some white chili with pork, pasilla peppers, onions and great northern beans. In the end I added some chopped tomatoes. It's quite good and I'll be taking it to work this weekend for my lunches.

Monday, split pea and ham.

Quick chicken soup. Cubed boneless skinless breasts, chopped carrots, celery, onion and potato placed in the pot covered by 2 inches with swanson chicken stock. Simmered till chicken was fully cooked and veggies were tender. Served over rice and topped with grated romano cheese.

img_876398_0_1a08d8e569703b4050ec2bc451f1c0ce.jpg

Quick chicken soup. Cubed boneless skinless breasts, chopped carrots, celery, onion and potato placed in the pot covered by 2 inches with swanson chicken stock. Simmered till chicken was fully cooked and veggies were tender. Served over rice and topped with grated romano cheese.

That looks yummy!

Back
Top Bottom