Soup :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Water soup!!!:LOL: It's good :yum: Pour 1/4 cup of evoo in a pot. Add2 ribs of thin sliced celery, and 2 cloved of crushed garlic. Cook stirring often over med heat til soft about 5 min.. add 1 lb. of mixed mushrooms sliced cook til juice from mushrooms evaorates. Now add 2 cups of canned tomatoes or 1 lb of fresh roma tomatoes chopped and a pinch of crushed red pepper cook 20 min. add 4 cups of water and salt to taste bring to simmer and cook 20 min more or more if you prefer. Add several say 3-4 large Tabs. of fresh torn basil. Just before serving break one of 6 eggs in a cup then slip the egg into the hot soup. repeat with the rest of the eggs cover and cook on low heat til eggs are done to your taste. Place one of 6 slices of toasted French or Itlian bread In a serving bowl,place egg on top of toast then spoon some of the hot soup over all and top that with grated pecorino or parm cheese a dash of pepper fresh cracked and your done.
Enjoy
kades

Last edited:
Oh man. I saw soup and was so excited. Then I saw mushrooms. Oh well, enjoy (those of you who will eat mushrooms).

Oh man. I saw soup and was so excited. Then I saw mushrooms. Oh well, enjoy (those of you who will eat mushrooms).
Oh I'm so sorry. How do you feel about a bread,cheese and cabbage soup? or leek,tomato and bread soup, or squash soup?? You name it I'm yours:LOL:
kades

kadesma said:
Oh I'm so sorry. How do you feel about a bread,cheese and cabbage soup? or leek,tomato and bread soup, or squash soup?? You name it I'm yours:LOL:
kades

I'll take the bread, cheese and cabbage. I think that was door #1. :D

Oh my! That looks like a wonderful winter or staying home sick soup! Thank you for sharing Ma!

Oh my! That looks like a wonderful winter or staying home sick soup! Thank you for sharing Ma!
Welcome friend. But don't get sick to try this one, just make it and enjoy in front of a nice cozy fire.
ma

I'll take the bread, cheese and cabbage. I think that was door #1. :D
Here ya go.
You need 8 cups of beef broth,melt 2 tab of butter in a large pot. Add 1 small savoy cabbage shredded,and salt to taste. Cover and cook on low 30-40 min. til cabbage is tender. stir now and then. Preheat your oven to 350 now put broth, 1/4 tea. fresh ground nutmeg,1/4 tea. cinnamon, some salt and fresh cracked pepper bring to simmer place 4 slices of toasted thick sliced bread of choice say like crusty rye,pumpernickel,whole wheat in bottom ofa deep 3 qt DO or a deep heavy bottomed pot. Cover the bread with half of the cabbage and with 1/3 of 12 oz. of a good real deal Fontina. Repeat with another layer of the bread,cabbage,cheese Top with remaining layer of bread Carefully pour on hot broth Tear reserved into bits and scatter it on top of your soup. Bake til browned and bubbly about 45 min let rest 5-6- min before serving.
This is good a PITA but good. Enjoy. You do need a good hearty bread for this soup and savoy is nice and not as strong and the other cabbages.
kades

That soup sounds really good. I like that it doesn't need stock. I use stock all the time and seldom have a whole litre (~4 cups) at a time.

That soup sounds really good. I like that it doesn't need stock. I use stock all the time and seldom have a whole litre (~4 cups) at a time.
Yes but it uses 8 cups of broth will that work for you?
kades

Sounds delicious Kades :yum:

Water soup!!!:LOL: It's good :yum: Pour 1/4 cup of evoo in a pot. Add2 ribs of thin sliced celery, and 2 cloved of crushed garlic. Cook stirring often over med heat til soft about 5 min.. add 1 lb. of mixed mushrooms sliced cook til juice from mushrooms evaorates. Now add 2 cups of canned tomatoes or 1 lb of fresh roma tomatoes chopped and a pinch of crushed red pepper cook 20 min. add 4 cups of water and salt to taste bring to simmer and cook 20 min more or more if you prefer. Add several say 3-4 large Tabs. of fresh torn basil. Just before serving break one of 6 eggs in a cup then slip the egg into the hot soup. repeat with the rest of the eggs cover and cook on low heat til eggs are done to your taste. Place one of 6 slices of toasted French or Itlian bread In a serving bowl,place egg on top of toast then spoon some of the hot soup over all and top thaat with gratedpecorino or parm cheese a dash of pepper fresh cracked and your done.
Enjoy
kades

kadesma said:
Here ya go.
You need 8 cups of beef broth,melt 2 tab of butter in a large pot. Add 1 small savoy cabbage shredded,and salt to taste. Cover and cook on low 30-40 min. til cabbage is tender. stir now and then. Preheat your oven to 350 now put broth, 1/4 tea. fresh ground nutmeg,1/4 tea. cinnamon, some salt and fresh cracked pepper bring to simmer place 4 slices of toasted thick sliced bread of choice say like crusty rye,pumpernickel,whole wheat in bottom ofa deep 3 qt DO or a deep heavy bottomed pot. Cover the bread with half of the cabbage and with 1/3 of 12 oz. of a good real deal Fontina. Repeat with another layer of the bread,cabbage,cheese Top with remaining layer of bread Carefully pour on hot broth Tear reserved into bits and scatter it on top of your soup. Bake til browned and bubbly about 45 min let rest 5-6- min before serving.
This is good a PITA but good. Enjoy. You do need a good hearty bread for this soup and savoy is nice and not as strong and the other cabbages.
kades

Thanks! Copied and pasted! Yum! :D

Back
Top Bottom