Taco Soup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mudbug

Chef Extraordinaire
It's rainy and comparatively cold here today (thanks, Ivan), so I'm thinking about soup. I made this a few days ago and we gobbled it up. You need a big pot. I did not add the water called for below because my pot was not big enough, and it tasted fine. I didn't puree the Rotel either.

Brown together:
1-1/2 lbs. ground beef (substitute gr. turkey, chopped chicken, etc.)
1 onion, chopped

Drain fat, then add 1 can each, including juice:
whole kernel corn
pinto beans
black beans
red beans
Rotel tomatoes
stewed tomatoes (2 cans of these)
1-1/2 cups water (or chicken broth)
1 pkg taco seasoning mix
1 pkg original ranch style dressing

I let mine cook on low heat for about an hour to soften up the beans and served with crumbled Tostitos on top. Grated cheese or sour cream would be good too.

Oooooooo! Didn't see this one before! I will try this soon, it looks good. I love soup but my family says it needs to be "hearty" or it doesn't fill them up. This looks like it will fill the bill, thanks mudbug...hope the weather clears for you soon.

Alix said:
Oooooooo! Didn't see this one before! I will try this soon, it looks good. I love soup but my family says it needs to be "hearty" or it doesn't fill them up. This looks like it will fill the bill, thanks mudbug...hope the weather clears for you soon.

Weather is MUCH improved today, thanks. Don't tell until your family eats the first batch - it's a Weight Watchers recipe! Definitely does not taste like one.

Back
Top Bottom