TNT Corn Chowder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

suziquzie

Chef Extraordinaire
I get nervous about sharing recipes, if you don't like it, don't tell me!
This is why I never went to cooking school. Maybe someday.
Anyway I thought I would take a crack at sharing a recipe.

Corn Chowder

4 cups frozen sweet corn
3 medium potatoes, diced
1 onion, chopped
3 1/2 cups water
7 chicken boullion cubes
1/2 tsp pepper
3 1/2 cups milk
3 TB flour
6 TB butter
Depending on how good the corn is, sometimes I use a tsp or so of sugar.
sprinkle of salt? (I don't use it, DH does)

Add frozen corn, potatoes, onions, water, boullion, and pepper to pot. Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 min or til potatoes are tender.

Stir in 2 cups of the milk and the butter. Combine remaining milk and the flour, then add to corn mixture. Cook and stir 'til thickened and bubbly, cook 1 minute more. Enjoy!

Very easy, and I use 1% milk so its very easy on the waist! :chef:

That sounds simple, and good! Just the way I like my recipes! Thanks.

That sounds great, Suzie! I have some corn in the freezer that we cut off the cob last summer. I'll give your recipe a try!
Thanks for sharing!

Thanks, I think I'm kidding, tell me if you like it.
Tweaking is good.

Oh like I have any sort of short-term memory, much less long term?!?!
I'll try......

BC... i think that would work.
Trish...
Here's your reminder!!!
:)

Oh YUM! My husband loves corn chowder and I am printing this out. He does like finely diced red peppers in his so I'll add those. Thanks suzie! It will be supper one night this week.

Thanks KE, I kep forgetting I want to do that too! (the peppers)
I want to try a little bacon in it next time too....
Hey, I think I'll make it this week with ya!

Thanks KE, I kep forgetting I want to do that too! (the peppers)
I want to try a little bacon in it next time too....
Hey, I think I'll make it this week with ya!

Hahahaha - funny you mention bacon - as soon as I posted I thought....mmmmm....bacon would be good in there! I almost edited my post. Can't wait to make it!...EDITED to say I just took some chicken quarters out of the freezer. I'm going to make it a chicken corn chowder now. Dinner in a bowl - I LOVE it!

Last edited:
Suz,
This looks like what I've been hunting for..I love the corn chowder at a restaurant here called MIMI's ..The only change I'll make will be to add milk or some cream instead of all water, maybe some broth and some cream..The soup I had there was thick,and creamy so I could tell there was cream or milk in it..I've hunted high and low for over a year and this one is as close to perfect as I've found..A big thank you
kades

This is on the menu for Tuesday. Having a friend come by so a big pot of corn chowder will be just the thing. Thanks for posting the recipe.

I better post what I did to this tonight!

I browned 1/2 lb of chopped bacon.... removed it, cooked up 2 diced chicken breasts in the bacon grease... removed that.... dumped and wiped out the pot o grease....

went on with soup as originally posted except I used 9 bullion cubes, 4 cups water, 4 cups milk, and I threw in a tsp or so or dried thyme.
I added the chicken and bacon in with the milk to warm up.

And I didn't mess it up one bit!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom