Tomato Soup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nicholas Mosher

Sous Chef
Ok, I'm looking for Tomato Soup recipes to help in improving mine, as well as developing sauce ideas for my Golabkis. Not looking for Cream of Tomato recipes though.

I've read through all the past threads in the soup section on the subject. Just hoping to revive the topic a bit here.

Thanks a bunch! :)

Tomato Soup

2 Tb Olive oil
1/4 Lb Pancetta – diced
1 Carrot - diced
1 Onion - diced
1 Celery - diced
2 Garlic - minced
2 Tb Flour
4 C Chicken broth
16 Oz Tomato
1/2 Tb Thyme
1/2 Tb Rosemary
1/2 Tb Cumin
1 tsp Chili Powder
TT Salt & Pepper

Saute the pancetta in the oil until the fat is rendered and the lean is browned.

Sauté the vegetables in the fat over medium high heat until they begin to brown.

Add the flour and cook for two - three minutes.

Add the broth and deglaze the pan.

Add the tomato, herbs and spices.

Cook for 30 - 45 minutes.

Use a blender or hand blender to puree the soup.

Strain to remove the rosemary.

Tomato Soup 2 tablespoons EVOO Add to a warm soup pot
1 onion sliced
1 potato diced
2carrots diced
3 stalks celery diced
1 can crushed tomato 16 oz can
3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
2 gloves garlic
parsley
oregano
basil ground black pepper
herbs 1 or 1/2 tsp.....
Follow Andy's oil, onion saute directions above
Cook slowly until veggies are cooked (well done or crunchy)

You only need a few ingredients but you do need food mill. A food processor or blender will kinda do the job but not as well:

Uber-fresh, ripe, Vine Ripened Tomatoes
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Fresh Mint, finely chopped
Kosher Salt or Fleur de Sel
Fresh Cracked Pepper
Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese

Run the tomatoes through a food mill to seperate the juices and pulp from the skins and seeds and chill. Season to taste with the salt and pepper and garnish with the rest of the ingredients before serving.

ironchef said:
You only need a few ingredients but you do need food mill. A food processor or blender will kinda do the job but not as well:

Uber-fresh, ripe, Vine Ripened Tomatoes
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Fresh Mint, finely chopped
Kosher Salt or Fleur de Sel
Fresh Cracked Pepper
Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese

Run the tomatoes through a food mill to seperate the juices and pulp from the skins and seeds and chill. Season to taste with the salt and pepper and garnish with the rest of the ingredients before serving.

I had forgotten about soups that are chilled. Thanks a million for the recipe. I know someone who will like it.

We used to have the nicest place in the next town that served Tomato Bisque on Tuesdays. It was delicious, but they wouldn't give me the recipe. They are out of business now, but I'd love to make some. I know it included cream and basil along with the tomatoes. It was so smooth and velvety I can still taste it almost.

Back
Top Bottom