"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Soups, Stews & Casseroles > Soups

Old 02-27-2008, 10:50 AM   #21
Senior Cook

I was in Costco recently and bought their Kirkland-Martha Stewart Minestrone Soup. It was in 2 plastic tubs in the refrigerator section. It looked good but when I ate it I found it to be gritty. In fact there was a sand like residue at the bottom of the bowl. I read the ingredients to see what the gritty texture could be and saw kale on the label. I took both the partially used tub and the whole tub back to Costco for a refund. I told the lady that Martha Stewart should wash her kale before making the soup. I was disappointed because I was expecting a really nice bowl of psuedo-homemade soup. Also, the seasoning was lacking, the taste was bland. Costco refunded the purchase, as always, with no hassle.

Old 03-01-2008, 10:38 PM   #22
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lady View Post
I was in Costco recently and bought their Kirkland-Martha Stewart Minestrone Soup. It was in 2 plastic tubs in the refrigerator section. It looked good but when I ate it I found it to be gritty. In fact there was a sand like residue at the bottom of the bowl. I read the ingredients to see what the gritty texture could be and saw kale on the label. I took both the partially used tub and the whole tub back to Costco for a refund. I told the lady that Martha Stewart should wash her kale before making the soup. I was disappointed because I was expecting a really nice bowl of psuedo-homemade soup. Also, the seasoning was lacking, the taste was bland. Costco refunded the purchase, as always, with no hassle.
wow what a disappointment that must have been. I would expect good soup too !

Old 03-01-2008, 10:39 PM   #23
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxHugsAndKisses View Post
Hello, I just HAD to place a bit of input here. I too don't care for the progresso soups. I have tried some of the Campbells Soups... just watch out for the "Chunky Style Chicken and Dumplings" The soup itself isn't too bad, but the Dumplings have that "raw uncooled flour taste to them" it was quite disgusting.

xoxHugsAndKissses
thank you for the warning on that soup.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:40 PM   #24
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
i love wolfgang pucks soups. since i buy them for my dinner, don't mind the price.

babe
I never had Wolfgang's soups. I might try some next time.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:54 AM   #25
Master Chef

Progresso Wedding Soup has been recalled.

Tags
None