"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Soups, Stews & Casseroles > Soups
Click Here to Login

Old 03-11-2019, 01:03 AM   #11
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversage View Post
Glad you're doing well, Chief.

BUT....don't you put any chicken in your Chicken & Dumplings?

I would call this Ground Beef and Dumplings.
Wellll, it started with Better than Bullion roasted chicken soup base, The veggies were the right ones but I didn't want to take the time to thaw and break down a chicken. The ground beef was already thawed and sitting in the fridge. The soup morphed a little, ,and still tasted great, Tastes great, super easy and quick to make, close enough for me.

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
biscuit dough, carrot, cauliflower, celery, chicken, ground beef, onnion, recipe, soup base

Warm Your Bones Chicken & Dumplings My mother used to make Chicken & Dumplings as I was growing up. I loved the rich soup with the biscuit-like dumplings. She always used a whole chicken to make her soup. DW doesn't like dumplings, so I only get the chance to make it once or twice a year. Tonight was the night. My soup was a lot easier to mkae than what my mom did, and it came out wonderful, and left me warm and toasty from the top; of my head,to the soles of my feet. I hope you mkae it and like it as much as I do. Ingredients: 4 cups water 4 tsp.. Better-Than-Bullion Chicken Soup Base large carrot, peel and sliced into quarter-inch rounds 2 stalks Celery, sliced 1 medium size onion, roughly chopped 1cup egg noodles 1/3 cup Baking mixs (Biquick 1/4 tsp dried Summer Savory 1/2 l Ground Beef In a 3 quart sauce p;an lightly brown the ground beef. Add the celery, carrots and onion. Add the water and soup base, stir to dissolve the soup base and bring to a simmer. Add the savory and cover. Add hyst enough water to the baking mix to make a loose biscuit dough. Add the egg noodles and simmer for ten minutes. Div ide the dough into three parts and place into pan. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for twenty minutes. Serve hot. And just so ev everyone knows, I'm still here, and still finding ways to make good things. I now ha ve built 4 ice rods, each sellig for about $80.The business I;m workig with wants me to make some walleye rods for about the same price point. I have a man that wants me to make his sone a fly rode for around $150. Dialysis is going OK. And I'm feeling OK. I so hope everyone here is doing will. Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North 3 stars 1 reviews