What are your favourite soups?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
split pea & lentil during winter. veggie soup poured over pastas other times. beef noodle soup & stuffed pepper soup also rank amongst the better soups.

I can specifically remember at least two times in my life where I went to a restaurant, and when asked what I wanted for dessert, I ordered a second bowl of the soup which I had at the beginning of the meal.

In Maine , Corn Chowder ( when I was like 10 years old)
In Rhode Island, Lentil Soup ( this past summer)

And I almost always leave the chinese restaurant with an extra 2 quarts of Hot and Sour soup to take hom ( usually gone within a day)

larry, larry, with those words you are a man of my heart, larry.:) great soup for meal openers, and more great soup for 'dessert' at the end! my mom, aka 'sweet tooth', always maintained that she had a special stomach for dessert. my own stomach has never worked that way. i just get a signal that tells me, "forget dessert. who needs it? whatever room we have left in there, let's just fill it up with more of that delicious soup!...or, one more slice of that juicy pork loin, gravy and mashed potatoes, more red cabbage...." sometimes i'll come back for a taste or a dish of a really special dessert, but more often than not, if the meal's remains are anywhere in the vicinity, i end up just heating up another bowl of soup, or snagging a piece of meat, good at any temperature....all of the best cooks i have known in my life, have also been masterful at soup-making--have had to be, in my book....:yum:

I could not think of one soup that I loved more then any. I'm an absolutes soup nut! BTW, thanks for the CP Cioppino, Udon Noodle, and the Cream of Reuben recipes. I'm salivating just thinking of them.

I would like to send a shout out for a nice Albondigas.

Its a cool rainy week here so soup will be on the stove tomorrow. I have a ham bone in the freezer. =o)

You're very welcome. When I restock my San Marzanos tomatoes, & all the seafood falls into place, it will be coming to my table.

Slow Cooker Cioppino Recipe - Tablespoon

I wanted to mention a comfort-food soup or soup for the kids.

Tomato Soup with grilled cheese croutons. Grilled cheese sandwich(es). w/ crust trimmed away, and cut into about 1" squares. The grilled cheese "croutons" are put into the tomato soup.

Spinach Stracciatella is another favorite.

I wanted to mention a comfort-food soup or soup for the kids.

Tomato Soup with grilled cheese croutons. Grilled cheese sandwich(es). w/ crust trimmed away, and cut into about 1" squares. The grilled cheese "croutons" are put into the tomato soup.

Spinach Stracciatella is another favorite.

Not just for kids. I'll eat that :yum:

Turkey noodle soup. Made using the boxes of turkey broth which can only be bought from mid-November until early January, for some reason, and of course leftover turkey from the holiday. I have a very small family and the only reason we have turkey is to get the leftovers to make this soup.

Tomato-rice Florentine. So easy, so fast, so good.

Back
Top Bottom