"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Soups, Stews & Casseroles > Stews

Old 02-16-2010, 10:52 PM   #11
Certified Pretend Chef

This sounds pretty good. The only place I've ever seen goat meat is in Aruba. I keep threatening SO that I'm gonna make a stew for dinner when we're on vacation.

You have to be careful with cascabels. The skin is super tough and simply cannot be left in a dish. I read somewhere that you should put them in a pot using cheesecloth and toss them after stewing.

Old 02-16-2010, 10:53 PM   #12
Senior Cook

Cool more for you!!

I have heard that the prisons back east used to feed the inmates lobster at allmost every meal.And they hated it!I know how all of that one mans trash is another mans treasure thing works.As for the" stupid slave master" senario you listed the only good thing on there was pork ribs.I know for a fact that the slaves were the care takers of these animals. I am sure more than once the subject turned to the fact that they had these awesome ribs and their stupid master was in the big house eating goat head soup.Each to his own.I really dont care what anybody eats.When I give a nice polite responce to a post that means I have more to say.If you dont want to hear it do'nt egg me on.Those were only my personal thoughts and If you take them personaly I dont know what to say.It was nothing personal.

Old 02-16-2010, 11:39 PM   #13
Mr. Greenjeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanna be View Post
When I give a nice polite responce to a post
I'll keep my eye out for that. Haven't seen it here yet.

As for "egging you on", Dude, we read in others text what we ourselves feel. My post was an invitation to something delicious. Not an egging on.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:33 AM   #14
Senior Cook

Out of bounds again.

I have a tendancy to wander off topic.As I said the recipe sounds like a really good stew and should have left it at that.Thanks for thinking that we might enjoy it and takeing the time to post it.I never stopped to think about how my personal feelings might make it look like I had foarmed an oppinion of someone else.Thats not the case at all.Bigdaddy's good. I am the one that needs to learn to bite my tounge.Sorry Bigdaddy.I will however never, ever try this recipe.Its a personal thing I guess.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:28 PM   #15
Mr. Greenjeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
It sounds like it would knock your socks off with all those peppers in it. I like the idea of roasting the peppers for sweetness etc.
Gotta say, it sounds OK by me. I don't know that I'd use the "optional" ingredient as I THINK that might be tough to come by around here!

Can't be any worse than head cheese being made.
Even with all the peppers in it, it wasn't hot. It had zest but not an overboard spicy experience. My youngest doesn't like thing that are too hot. Even she said it was delicious. I can probably get the optional ingredient but I do not know if it is truely necessary to the dish. I feel that what truely makes the dish is the sauce.

Tags
None