Deadly Sushis Irish Stew!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

-DEADLY SUSHI-

Washing Up
1 ounce---------- butter
2 pounds--------- lamb cubed
1 large onion----- coarsely chopped
2 carrots--------- chopped
1 tablespoon----- plain flour
3 cups----------- beef stock
2 tablespoons---- crushed tomatos in a tomato puree
1/2 tablespoon--- unprocessed sugar
2 potatoes------- cubed
1 tablespoon----- of whisky:cool:
1 bouquet-------- (sprig of parsley, sprig of thyme, 1 bay leaf tied up TIGHT)
To Taste---------Sea or Kosher Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 drops---------- of hot sauce

Melt the butter in a large pan and fry the meat in it until browned on all sides. Now DONT crowd the darn meat! Brown the meat in two or three batches if necessary. (I know a bit of a pain) Remove the meat from the pan, add the onion and carrots and cook until slightly softened (make em sweat!)
Return the meat to the pan, add the flour and then stir in 2 cups of the stock, tomato puree and sugar. Bring to the boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer. Add the potatoes, the rest of the stock and whisky, the CUTE bouquet and salt and pepper to taste.
Cook over a low heat for about 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until the meat is tender.

WAH LA! ENJOY!!!!

I'm with you Middie - can we add beef and call it "Deadly Sushi's Almost Irish Stew"?

Deadly, you know I have to make this cuz of the magical ingredient *whisky*!:-p

Yeah beef would be alright. BUUUUUUT..... lamb is SOOOOOOOOO good you would be really missing out. The flavor changes and changes the course of the ol' taste buds. I ask that you try the lamb. :chef:

Thank you, sush! I've never made lamb stew before and lately have been wanting to try it - this looks like the perfect recipe! Now if I can just find some lamb...:ermm:

Beef and lamb have wildly different fat contents though. The recipe would probably take some tweaking if you were substituting cow for lamb.

'Sides, lamb is such a wonderful meat.

Looks Good Sushi,
DH and I both enjoy lamb..It took me forever to get him to try it, now he loves it. I've eaten lamb since I was big enough to chew it:LOL: My kids tho will not touch it, don't like the smell or the slight after taste of the fat. How silly can you be?:LOL: So, I'll be making your recipe but a little smaller version for dh and me one night. Thanks

kadesma:)

Well for the folks that make it, I really think you will like it! Beef OR Lamb. I just wish it cooked quicker. The smell of it while cooking always gets me hungry!! :chef:

Back
Top Bottom