"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Soups, Stews & Casseroles > Stews
Old 01-13-2014, 11:31 AM   #31
Master Chef
I finally realized that I'm not posting right from my phone. So the response I typed up last night went into nowhere.
I guess Garlic is correct about Poland. Though they did occupied Ukraine for quite a while the Bigos is the only dish that I know of, whose origin credited to Poland. There might be others, but people think those dishes are Ukrainian. I suppose it is the same the other way around.

Pac, What you did looks really good. I put up some sauerkraut up yesterday. Next time I make this I will sure use some of it. Adds a whole another dimension to it.

Third and fourth pictures I am slicing the apples. I put them in the middle of the cabbage, tastes very interesting when everything is said and done. My mandolin needs to be upgraded. It is a homemade mandolin, that I made before leaving the soviet union so it is like 25 years old and wood is just to dried out and too warped now. I would have made new one but to re-grind the blades would cost me more than $100 dollars at that rate I can almost find a new mandolin.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140112_140030[1].jpg
Views:	91
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	20594   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140112_140329[1].jpg
Views:	92
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	20595  

Name:	20140112_140733[1].jpg
Views:	101
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	20596   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140112_140839[1].jpg
Views:	93
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	20597  

Name:	20140112_141627[1].jpg
Views:	102
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	20598   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140112_142035[1].jpg
Views:	114
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	20599  

You are what you eat.
CharlieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 03:16 PM   #32
Master Chef
I don't understand, again, why are the pictures side ways this time? They look fine when I save them on my desktop.

You are what you eat.
CharlieD is offline   Reply With Quote

cook, recipe, sage, sausage, slow cooker

ISO: Hearty, thick, spicy sausage slow cooker recipe. HI all! I didn't think this would be a tall order, but I cannot find exactly what I'm looking for. I'm headed to Socal next week to visit my husband. You see he works out there - lives in Navy barracks, though Navy retired - and we only get to see each other and spend time together twice a year. I am so excited and will be there a month. :brows: I'm bringing his forever favorite Conecuh sausage with me (if you haven't tried it, you simply must) and want to make a good stew out of it. He loves spicy food and loves thick and hearty stews. In fact, he lives for them. We'll be in hotel rooms but we will have a crock pot to cook with and so I need it to be a slow cooker recipe. I can find "hearty" recipes but they're more like soup than stew and I can find thick recipes but they don't have sausage and then some stews are Italian/Tuscan style, which he's not interested in. I'm looking for something with vegetables as well as beans. I'm really surprised that it's so hard to find. I'm not against thickening the stew with mashed kidney beans. I say this because I make a to-die-for White Chicken Chili where I mash up the Cannellini beans and it's just so delicious and creamy. So any ideas or recipes or something? I sure hope so. I'm a little nervous about winging it because I want it to be special for him. :in_love: Thanks to anyone who can help me! 3 stars 1 reviews