Ratatouille

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nowadays those skins are not filled with nutrients, but rather with pesticides. I watched some program, where they went to whole bunch of different stores, from organic and uber fancy to some mom/pop and downright cheap store on the corner of the street. Bought bunch of different vegies and tasted the skins for pesticides. All of them had pesticides in them, albeit organic had much less, but overall the numbers were staggering. The doctor/consultant they had on the show recommended peeling everything even organic stuff. That is not why I am doing it, I simply cannot stand the texture and look of skin on most fruits and vegies, but there is a definitive benefit of getting rid of it. ;)

Now back to ratatouille. :yum:

If you can use the very young eggplants, you will not need to peel them. But to larger and the more mature eggplants, do your diners a large favor by peeling of them.

Parmesan cheese is very good! I like to mix this with romano cheese also.

With love,
~Cat

Nowadays those skins are not filled with nutrients, but rather with pesticides. I watched some program, where they went to whole bunch of different stores, from organic and uber fancy to some mom/pop and downright cheap store on the corner of the street. Bought bunch of different vegies and tasted the skins for pesticides. All of them had pesticides in them, albeit organic had much less, but overall the numbers were staggering. The doctor/consultant they had on the show recommended peeling everything even organic stuff. That is not why I am doing it, I simply cannot stand the texture and look of skin on most fruits and vegies, but there is a definitive benefit of getting rid of it. ;)

Now back to ratatouille. :yum:
I use veggies from the garden. No pesticides--I pick the bugs off and squash them.

My ratatouille is "kitchen sink" veggies. Leeks, tomatoes, roasted eggplant, sauteed eggplant, tomatoes, garlic, rutabaga, potatoes, carrots, celery, zucchini, Israeli cous-cous (15 minutes before it is done), sweet pepper (red) Swiss chard (at the end), and some hot sauce. I top it with a dollop of sour cream. Probably not how the rest of you make ratatouille.

Ratatouille

Last edited:
I grill all the veggies then dice them. I grill the tomatoes halved in a foil pan with EVOO and chopped garlic and dice them too. My kids love it. I add a little Balsamic at the end.

Back
Top Bottom