Sometimes you forget just how good

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeff G.

Head Chef
A Good stew can be.

I mixed up a batch of beef stew this week. So satisfying, so tasty, so simple. It makes me wonder why I don't make it more often.

Leftovers today for lunch.. its all I can do to wait until noon to heat it up!!

A Good stew can be.

I mixed up a batch of beef stew this week. So satisfying, so tasty, so simple. It makes me wonder why I don't make it more often.

Why wait!?

I made a great stew the other day. It was a sweet potato and pork stew. A nice departure from the normal beef stew. I am with ya Jeff. Gotta love a good stew.

A Good stew can be.

I agree. That's how I felt about the Boeuf Bourguignon I made for my birthday. I'll be doing that again soon, it was SO good. :chef:

I love good hearty stews and soups. Made a great hamburger stew a few nights ago (no leftovers) and last night a new recipe for Cream of Cabbage soup. It was awesome.

I made a lentil stew (really soup because I added more chicken stock) and it has really been good. The cold weather that keeps hanging around calls for something nourishing and tasty.

I would say that a good 60% of what I cook in the winter would be considered stew. Chicken, beef, pork, fish, veggie... I love em all.

I'm thinking about Bourride. haven't had it in quite some time, and it is SOOO good! Fish stews are lighter than meats in general, but still so hearty for winter comfort.

Back
Top Bottom