"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Soups, Stews & Casseroles > Casseroles

Old 07-28-2007, 12:34 AM   #21
Sous Chef

How about 86 everything and just use nacho cheese and a type of meat (no hot dogs!), and instead of lime use Jalepeno peppers (sliced).....

Oh wait thats a recipe for nachos...

Old 07-31-2007, 05:23 AM   #22
Sous Chef

I think my siggy says it all about a recipe like this. How can people put this kind of thing into their bodies and still function? All I can say is wow... definitely one for the record books filed under unhealthy. Sorry.

Old 09-20-2007, 04:04 PM   #23
Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie E View Post
Hey, Rock. I've lived in all sorts of cities - major and otherwise - but I'd like to know where one finds cream of Jerusalem artichoke soup? A bit of a specialty ingredient at best. Somehow the combination of hot dogs and something as "elegant/unusual" as the artichoke soup is a bit of a bizarre pairing IMO. Perhaps you could elaborate on the origins of the recipe. It seems a bit haphazard in the form you presented.
Hey sorry, for the late response. I just came back and saw this. You have to make it, sorry I didn't include that. Here's the recipe I've used, except I don't use the brandy, I use sherry. Hope this helps!

Cream of Jerusalem Artichoke Soup
Old 09-20-2007, 04:12 PM   #24
Executive Chef

Rock, I will give you all the Karma I can if you do a photo preperation on this dish. Myself, and I'm pretty sure others, really need the visual.

Old 09-20-2007, 04:28 PM   #25
Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeekinz View Post
Rock, I will give you all the Karma I can if you do a photo preperation on this dish. Myself, and I'm pretty sure others, really need the visual.

Awsome! I just got a little Canon snapshot camera last weekend so I could start keeping records of what I make . . . well, and take fun photos with the family and whatnot. I'm a member of a meat-smoking forum too and they're pretty big on posting pics of results, so I was mostly thinking of them when I got it. But I'll definitely start doing it here. Next time I make this (which might be a little while because I like to keep things different and new around my place) I will take shots of the whole process and post them here for you guys and gals. Thanks for the consideration!
Old 09-20-2007, 04:30 PM   #26
Executive Chef

There's a meat smoking section here as well. Look forward to your tips and ideas.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:31 PM   #27
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by velochic View Post
I think my siggy says it all about a recipe like this. How can people put this kind of thing into their bodies and still function? All I can say is wow... definitely one for the record books filed under unhealthy. Sorry.
Nobody is going to die from eating unhealthy food now and then. It's only a problem when it's your everyday diet. The fact is that, in general, people now live longer, healthier lives than ever before in history. People used to suffer and die from nutritional deficiencies all the time - when is the last time you heard of someone with scurvy, rickets, pellagra, or beriberi? This is why so many foods, such as milk and bread, are fortified with vitamins and minerals.

For more details: Howstuffworks "Vitamins In-Depth"
Old 09-20-2007, 04:36 PM   #28
Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeekinz View Post
There's a meat smoking section here as well. Look forward to your tips and ideas.
Here's a pic I took of some ribs and chicken I did a little while back. The sauce is made from fresh peaches (and some other ingredients). I'm pretty secretive about my BBQ.

Old 09-20-2007, 04:43 PM   #29
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock LaRue View Post
Here's a pic I took of some ribs and chicken I did a little while back. The sauce is made from fresh peaches (and some other ingredients). I'm pretty secretive about my BBQ.
Well, that's just gorgeous. Must have been fantastic
Old 09-20-2007, 04:44 PM   #30
Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Well, that's just gorgeous. Must have been fantastic
Oh, it was. Lasted about 5 minutes once I took it off the smoker. Thank you.

Tags
None