Another hit at the office today!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How about 86 everything and just use nacho cheese and a type of meat (no hot dogs!), and instead of lime use Jalepeno peppers (sliced).....

Oh wait thats a recipe for nachos...

I think my siggy says it all about a recipe like this. How can people put this kind of thing into their bodies and still function? All I can say is wow... definitely one for the record books filed under unhealthy. Sorry. :neutral:

Hey, Rock. I've lived in all sorts of cities - major and otherwise - but I'd like to know where one finds cream of Jerusalem artichoke soup? A bit of a specialty ingredient at best. Somehow the combination of hot dogs and something as "elegant/unusual" as the artichoke soup is a bit of a bizarre pairing IMO. Perhaps you could elaborate on the origins of the recipe. It seems a bit haphazard in the form you presented.
Hey sorry, for the late response. I just came back and saw this. You have to make it, sorry I didn't include that. Here's the recipe I've used, except I don't use the brandy, I use sherry. Hope this helps! :)

Cream of Jerusalem Artichoke Soup

Last edited by a moderator:
Rock, I will give you all the Karma I can if you do a photo preperation on this dish. Myself, and I'm pretty sure others, really need the visual.

img_485090_0_eb454ddc5b0dce88f760b4d07c8fd957.gif

Rock, I will give you all the Karma I can if you do a photo preperation on this dish. Myself, and I'm pretty sure others, really need the visual.

img_485098_0_eb454ddc5b0dce88f760b4d07c8fd957.gif
Awsome! I just got a little Canon snapshot camera last weekend so I could start keeping records of what I make . . . well, and take fun photos with the family and whatnot. I'm a member of a meat-smoking forum too and they're pretty big on posting pics of results, so I was mostly thinking of them when I got it. But I'll definitely start doing it here. Next time I make this (which might be a little while because I like to keep things different and new around my place) I will take shots of the whole process and post them here for you guys and gals. :) Thanks for the consideration!

I think my siggy says it all about a recipe like this. How can people put this kind of thing into their bodies and still function? All I can say is wow... definitely one for the record books filed under unhealthy. Sorry. :neutral:

Nobody is going to die from eating unhealthy food now and then. It's only a problem when it's your everyday diet. The fact is that, in general, people now live longer, healthier lives than ever before in history. People used to suffer and die from nutritional deficiencies all the time - when is the last time you heard of someone with scurvy, rickets, pellagra, or beriberi? This is why so many foods, such as milk and bread, are fortified with vitamins and minerals.

For more details: Howstuffworks "Vitamins In-Depth"

There's a meat smoking section here as well. Look forward to your tips and ideas.
Here's a pic I took of some ribs and chicken I did a little while back. The sauce is made from fresh peaches (and some other ingredients). I'm pretty secretive about my BBQ. ;)

558810351_bb076e4368.jpg

Darn it! I just looked back and realized I put cans instead of cups on the soup. I'm a horrilbe typist and I got in a hurry, sorry folks. I'll try to be clearer next time. :neutral: I wish I would have realized that, I could have eliminated some of the confusion earlier.

Rock LaRue, That must be ol'man LaRue's kid - hello Rock. Yep, there you are in the profile section with the grill. I'm going to copy your recipe off - hope you aren't kidding. Now that it's six ounces of Mayo I bet it's good. Who wants to bet?

Pook, Where did you say you are from in Western NC - anywhere around my home town Hickory? You know us Southeners (at least the old ones) put mayo of everything - that's the reason we live so long?:ermm:

When I want to have a “fully loaded” hotdog on a bun, I put mayo (both sides of the bun), mustard, ketchup, the dog, onions, jalapeños, sauerkraut, chili, and cheese on it. Wonderful stuff. Don't care what anyone says, I LIKE it! :pig:

Hotdog with mayo

When I want to have a “fully loaded” hotdog on a bun, I put mayo (both sides of the bun), mustard, ketchup, the dog, onions, jalapeños, sauerkraut, chili, and cheese on it. Wonderful stuff. Don't care what anyone says, I LIKE it! :pig:

See here, I knew it - from the deep South, hotdog and mayo:rolleyes: Yes, Thanks Keltin! :chef:

Personally I like a bit of peanut butter with my mayo. Not sure about the original recipe post though. The hot sauce and limes are the kickers for me. It may taste good once together but it definitely doesn't SOUND good together.

Misspent youth and mayo sandwiches

Mayo sandwiches are great! Ever add a little lettuce and tomato to that? It’s veggie, but so, so tasty!

Where did we go so wrong? I love mayo sandwiches too!:cool: And yes, often without anything else and often with tomato and sometimes with lettuce, and a ham samich with mayo is hard to beat. Enjoy ya'all. Boy can we cook with mayo.:chef:

Don't forget - CharlieD uses some mayo (mixed with a touch of lemon juice I think he said) to garnish his borsch because he observes kosher. I too shall try that in honor of Charlie's tradidion.

Back
Top Bottom