Another hit at the office today!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rock LaRue

Cook
Made this for a retirement party we had today at work. I thought my coworkers were going to eat the paint off their bowls, they downed it so fast. :LOL:

Weineruption Casserole

4 pkg. (8-count) hot dogs
1 lg. onion
6 or 7 whole limes
2 cans Cream of Jerusalem Artichoke soup

6 oz. real Mayonnaise
1 cup dehydrated milk

Dash of Texas Pete Hot Sauce
Large casserole dish

Directions
In large casserole dish add sliced hot dogs, limes, and onions. Layer starting with onions then hot dogs then limes, etc. When finished mix mayonnaise, soup, hot sauce, and dehydrated milk, pour over hot dog/onion mixture. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees until browned and bubbly on top, no need to stir.

Last edited:
licia said:
I can't believe these recipes are for real. The amount of mayonaise is dangerous.

I agree, and the jerusalem artichoke soup? Where does one find that type of soup? Limes with hot dogs???

My first thought when I read it was this is a put on.

Then I studied it a bit, just to make sure I was not missing anything.

Nope, I still believe it is a con.

OMG, I can't believe I typed cups on the mayo. It's supposed to be ounces. :blush: I feel stupid. For God's sake, don't use 6 cups of mayo!!

But seriously, don't be so negative. This stuff was gobbled up by 18 people today who said it was wonderful. I can see hot dogs and mayo not really being your thing though. It's okay.

Last edited:
;) Hey,Rock I just looked up your profile and its not there it says you are not registered so Im wondering if you are not registered how is it you can post here.

jpmcgrew said:
;) Hey,Rock I just looked up your profile and its not there it says you are not registered so Im wondering if you are not registered how is it you can post here.
Something odd seems to have happened when Andy last changed servers. Look up Katie E's profile and you see the same thing.

jpmcgrew said:

I’ve been seeing the same thing on many users with hundreds of posts under their belt. Odd.:ermm:

Hang in there guys, it happened when Andy R. switched servers for us..He's working into getting it fixed.
kadesma:)

Rock LaRue said:
OMG, I can't believe I typed cups on the mayo. It's supposed to be ounces. :blush: I feel stupid. For God's sake, don't use 6 cups of mayo!!

But seriously, don't be so negative. This stuff was gobbled up by 18 people today who said it was wonderful. I can see hot dogs and mayo not really being your thing though. It's okay.

18 people or 18 TROLLS? :w00t:

I smell a rat.....

It actuallys sounds similar to an Artichoke Dip recipe that I've made a few times. That gets lots of mayo, sour cream, minced canned artichokes, parmesan cheese, and some salt and pepper. That gets mixed together, and looks like a big pot of porridge. We sprinkle it with paprika, then bake it for about 20 minutes or so to warm it up, and use it as a dip.

AllenOK said:
It actuallys sounds similar to an Artichoke Dip recipe that I've made a few times. That gets lots of mayo, sour cream, minced canned artichokes, parmesan cheese, and some salt and pepper. That gets mixed together, and looks like a big pot of porridge. We sprinkle it with paprika, then bake it for about 20 minutes or so to warm it up, and use it as a dip.
See! I'm not so crazy after all . . .

I think this would be better if you subbed ground meat for the hot dogs and 86-ed the lime.

Ok, I've got to ask…..did you peel the lime first? I can’t imagine trying to eat the rind and it still tasting good. Unless you just tossed the lime (which I would do if it weren't peeled)?

Rock LaRue said:
See! I'm not so crazy after all . . .

Yes, you are :LOL:

Did you mean the JUICE from the limes? If so, you can edit that info back in.

BBQ Mikey - how about some cooked chorizo instead of hotdogs :chef: and how about some sort of white cheese? Any other artichoke type dip, like AllenOK mentioned, has Parmesan cheese and sometimes other white cheeses.

Rock - where did you get this recipe from?

Hey, Rock. I've lived in all sorts of cities - major and otherwise - but I'd like to know where one finds cream of Jerusalem artichoke soup? A bit of a specialty ingredient at best. Somehow the combination of hot dogs and something as "elegant/unusual" as the artichoke soup is a bit of a bizarre pairing IMO. Perhaps you could elaborate on the origins of the recipe. It seems a bit haphazard in the form you presented.

Back
Top Bottom