"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Soups, Stews & Casseroles > Casseroles
Old 03-17-2011, 11:14 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
That's okay, Kades. It was a good chuckle.
Thanks, I was getting rather worried about my mind

HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:25 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire
hey, i'll tell you one that made me worry about my mind, big time. i went for hair cut on tuesday. some confusion with the cab co. didn't realize til i got there that i hadn't put my teeth in. bet you can't beat that one. lol i'm saying the cab co. distracted me. sounds good anyway.

"life isn't about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain"
babetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 11:19 AM   #13
Master Chef
I always cook up two pieces; both a flat brisket and a tip. The brisket is good for Reuben sandwiches, the tip goes into what I call Reuben soup. Instead of using plain cabbage in the original dish, I toss in a can of kraut. I chop the leftovers quite finely and turn the leftovers into soup. On a cold day taken with a slice of Swiss on a slab of rye you have a real tummy warming meal.

By the way, to make the broth more easily eaten, I cook the meat first, with lots of extra spices (whole mustard seed, bay leaf, peppercorn, allspice, juniper berries, and a few cloves) in addition to the little packet that comes with the meat. Then I take the meat out, scrape of most of the spices, strain the broth. Refrigerate overnight to de-fat in the morning, then put it all back in with the carrots potatoes, more onions, and cook.

I have an elderly friend with no teeth, so when I make soups she gets first dibs, and this is a favorite.

Claire is offline   Reply With Quote