Broccoli Casserole

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
There must be a thousand recipes for it. I saw Paula making this one today...I'd be interested to see y'all's favorite broccoli casserole recipes.

2 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli, cooked and drained
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup grated sharp cheddar
1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups crushed crackers
2 tablespoons butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13 by 9-inch baking dish with vegetable oil cooking spray.

[font=&quot]In a large mixing bowl, combine broccoli, mayonnaise, cheese, soup and eggs. Mix well with a metal spoon. Place the mixture in the prepared baking dish. Top with the crushed crackers and pour the melted butter evenly over the crackers. (Paula crushed her crackers in a ziplock, then poured the butter right in the bag and squoosed it around to mix.) Bake for 35 minutes or until set and browned.
[/font]

I have made this one many times!!! Always a hit!!! I have a few others that I will go hunt up now to post.

I've got a few broccoli casserole recipes that I just love. One basically just involves adding broccoli bits to a regular mac & cheese recipe. Another that I sort of created one night from "this and that" calls for chopped up sundried tomatoes, bechamel sauce, small pasta shapes, broccoli pieces, roasted garlic and a bread crumb and parm topping - it's soooo awesome!

I am sure that there is other names for this recipe, but my family has always called it by this name because it was a favorite of one of my mom's coworkers whose name was Harry. This is still one of my favorite dishes to make.

Something Harry Loves

2 -1 lb. packages frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
3 - 6 cooked chicken breasts, shredded or chopped
1 - 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
½ - 1 cup bread crumbs
3 tablespoon butter, melted
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon lemon juice

Combine soup, mayonnaise, and lemon juice. Mix together butter and bread crumbs. Butter or spray with cooking spray a 13”x9” baking dish. Layer the ingredients in the following order: broccoli, chicken, soup mixture, cheese, and bread crumbs. Bake for 45 minutes at 350º.

My favorite one is very simple and I usually make it from leftovers (in different amounts, of course). A bag of broccoli cuts, bits, etc, about 2 cups of cooked rice, a can of cream of chicken soup, as much sharp cheddar as you like. I don't cook the broccoli before so it comes out still tender crisp. Bake for about 20 to 30 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom