"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Soups, Stews & Casseroles > Casseroles

Old 11-10-2012, 12:42 PM   #1
Chef Extraordinaire

Cheeseburger Casserole

I got this recipe from a food forum member a while back and as I tend to do when I see a recipe I like the looks of, I made it. And on my recipe sheet I wrote "excellent!", so I must have liked it
From the looks of things I halved it, used homemade fries, fresh tomatoes in the mixture, left off the relish and in my notes I wrote down turbinado sugar. I guess I didn't have any brown sugar on hand. Basically it looks like any of your favorite sloppy Joe mixture will work. So here you go

Mrs Whisky's Cheeseburger Casserole

2c frozen fries
1lb lean ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1tsp dried Italian seasoning
1/2tsp salt
1/4tsp pepper
1 can diced tomatoes
3/4c ketchup
2Tbs packed light brown sugar
6 seeded hamburger buns, split
8oz cheddar cheese, sliced or shredded
1 tomato sliced
2Tbs pickle relish

Preheat oven and cook fries, reserve. Reduce to 350F.
Heat non-stick skillet over medium heat and add next six ingredients. Cook until beef is browned.
Stir in diced tomatoes with juice, ketchup and sugar. Heat through for 2 minutes and remove from heat.
Line baking dish with roll tops & bottoms, cutting to fit.
Top with half of meat mixture, then half of cheese.
Top with remaining rolls, then rest of meat mixture, then fries and remaining cheese.
Bake at 350F for twenty minutes or until cheese is melted.
Top with tomato slices and relish.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cheeseburger casserole1.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	16262   Click image for larger version

Name:	cheeseburger casserole2.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	16263  

Click image for larger version

Name:	cheeseburger casserole3.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	16264   Click image for larger version

Name:	cheeseburger casserole4.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	16265  

Old 11-10-2012, 01:03 PM   #2
Sous Chef

Thank You

Thank you so much Pecanis. This looks wonderful. And Filling! I rate my tried recipes with stars, like a hotel rating. One star * ok.
Three stars *** Great!
Can't wait to try this

Old 11-10-2012, 01:19 PM   #3
Master Chef

Now there's something really different Pac! I would have never guessed from reading the recipe that it would turn out to be as good as it looks so thanks for the pictures. It looks scrumptious and I will definitely give it a go. Great idea also to half the recipe and use a loaf pan as that will work perfect for the two of us.

Hope those with kids will see it......kids should love this!

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:25 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Thanks Pacanis,
my DH is going to give a hollar over this and I will add the pickle relish he loves it.
kades
Old 11-10-2012, 01:35 PM   #5
Head Chef

this is right up my alley ..
Old 11-10-2012, 05:51 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Thanks foks. It was a unique sounding recipe for sure, but I'm glad I tried it. I'll be making it again here shortly.
Old 11-10-2012, 06:05 PM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

Wow, that looks amazing Pac...I have never seen anything like that before

Tags
casserole, recipe

Cheeseburger Casserole I got this recipe from a food forum member a while back and as I tend to do when I see a recipe I like the looks of, I made it. And on my recipe sheet I wrote "excellent!", so I must have liked it :yum: From the looks of things I halved it, used homemade fries, fresh tomatoes in the mixture, left off the relish and in my notes I wrote down turbinado sugar. I guess I didn't have any brown sugar on hand. Basically it looks like any of your favorite sloppy Joe mixture will work. So here you go :chef: [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Mrs Whisky's Cheeseburger Casserole[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]2c frozen fries[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]1lb lean ground beef[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]1 onion, chopped[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]1 clove garlic, minced[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]1tsp dried Italian seasoning[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]1/2tsp salt[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]1/4tsp pepper[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]1 can diced tomatoes[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]3/4c ketchup[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]2Tbs packed light brown sugar[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]6 seeded hamburger buns, split[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]8oz cheddar cheese, sliced or shredded[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]1 tomato sliced[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]2Tbs pickle relish[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Preheat oven and cook fries, reserve. Reduce to 350F.[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Heat non-stick skillet over medium heat and add next six ingredients. Cook until beef is browned.[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Stir in diced tomatoes with juice, ketchup and sugar. Heat through for 2 minutes and remove from heat.[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Line baking dish with roll tops & bottoms, cutting to fit.[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Top with half of meat mixture, then half of cheese.[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Top with remaining rolls, then rest of meat mixture, then fries and remaining cheese.[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Bake at 350F for twenty minutes or until cheese is melted.[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Top with tomato slices and relish.[/SIZE][/FONT] 3 stars 1 reviews