Cheesey Chicken Casserole

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigDog

Head Chef
At first "glance" most don't see my mother as a cook. Dad hasn't got a prayer. However, Mom has on many occassion proven she can hold her own in the kitchen.

Two things stand forefront in my mind. Stuffing for turkey and a cheesey chicken casserole.

Stuffing:

bread, butter (to cover, but not saturate), diced onion, s&p, and poultry seasoning. Mix it all to gether well and stuff the bird before putting it in the oven. No cooking the bird before stuffing it!

Cheesey Chicken Casserole:

boneless chicken (I prefer breast meat)
condensed cream of chicken soup (other cream of soups would work here too)
swiss cheese (I prefer the big eye)
Stuffing (your home made or favorite store bought)

When I use a 9 X 13 pan, I cover the bottom with cut up cooked chicken (broiled, bakes, pan fried, whatever), then layer the swiss cheese over the chicken. I love cheese, so I usually go for at least some overlap in the covering, if not a second layer. Then pour the cream of chicken (or your favorite) over the cheese covering completely. I use 2 cans for this size pan. Then the final layer is your prepared stuffing, either home made or store bought. Be sure to prepare it before hand, as it will not cook properly just baking it. Bake for 30 minutes or so at 350. You may want to put a catch pan underneath (which may increase cook time) as the cheese is likely to bubble.

The beauty of this recipe is it is extraordinarily easy to increase or decrease as needed. Since it is all layers, just make sure you have enough of whatever ingredient to cover a layer in the size pan you use! :chef:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom