Cube Steak Casserole

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
CUBE STEAK CASSEROLE
4 peices of cube steak
3 med. potatoes, sliced
3 carrots, sliced
1 onion, sliced
1 can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1 can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
3-4 tbsp butter

Layer cube steak, veggies and onions in a 9x13 pan sprayed with Pam. Heat soups with butter and pour over steak and veggies. Cover and bake for 60 minutes at 375 degress.

Not sure where I had gotten this recipe from but it makes a great "comfort" casserole, not to mention a great meal in one. I serve it with biscuits

Ishbel, it's usually made of round steak, cut into individual "steak size" pieces and run through a meat tenderizing machine.

Aries, that sounds tasty. I may give it a try, using some of my venison and tenderizing it myself.

I wonder how this would be if the steak was slightly seared on each side. It seems that would give more flavor and color. Would this be too much?

No, it would be good. I make country style steak with cube steaks. Dredge them in seasoned flour and brown in grease. Add a lot of sliced onions, a bit of bouillion granules and some water. Cover and simmer for an hour or so.

Sounds good AriesGirl, thanks for posting your recipe. I'm going to try it this week. I have made hotdish almost like it but used ground beef.

Gretchen said:
No, it would be good. I make country style steak with cube steaks. Dredge them in seasoned flour and brown in grease. Add a lot of sliced onions, a bit of bouillion granules and some water. Cover and simmer for an hour or so.
How much water do you put in? have cube steaks to use up and may try this idea - sounds very good. Thanks for the idea ! :)

They did use to be very inexpensive, just like ribs. :rolleyes: Now since they are popular (ie: chicken wings) the prices have gone up substantialy.

Question??

do you have to cook the potatoes first??,, I made a casserole the other day with potatoes and i had to cook it about 2 1/2 hours before I could get the potatoes done (diced)... it only called to cook it one hour...

Back
Top Bottom