Easy chicken, rice, broccoli casserole

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

my65289stang

Assistant Cook
Thought I would throw a recipe out there for anyone looking for a quick and tasty casserole. There is probably something similar out there but give this a shot. My girlfriend is ADDICTED to it and I take it every day after I make it for lunch until it is gone. Enjoy

4 TBSP Butter
1 C Onion
1 C celery
1 small can cream of mushroom soup
1 small block of velveeta cheese
1 1/2 C Cooked rice
1 cooked chicken
1 bag of frozen broccoli
Salt
Pepper
Celery salt

Obviously tweak to your liking but this is the general measurements that I use and it comes out really good. I do everything in one pan except the rice. I use the min. rice and a cooked chicken from the local store to make this super quick.

Cook your rice first obviously
Toss the frozen broccoli in a strainer and run cool water over it until it is thawed.
To make it easier and REALLY quick I chop the onion and celery and put it in a bowl and remove the meat from the chicken and put it in a separate bowl.
Melt the butter in a 3 quart or so pot. Toss in the bowl of onion and celery and cook until slightly tender, season with salt, pepper, and celery salt. Toss in the cream of mushroom soup and break/cut up the velveeta and heat until melted. Add the rice, "bowl" of chicken and defrosted broccoli. Lightly grease a 13X9 and dump everything in. Bake at 350 for 30 or 40 until its bubbly. I usually just serve buttered rolls which seem to go pretty well. Have extra celery salt on the table, it is amazing with this casserole.

Im "advertising" this as a quick recipe so that is why I use a pre cooked chicken, frozen broccoli, and min. rice. I usually cook everything right when I get home, still in my work clothes, toss it in the oven, jump in the shower, turn on the hockey game, and by then dinner is ready.

Last edited:
I make something similar with wild rice subbed for half the regular rice and cream cheese for half the velveeta. Cauliflower is great in this too. Breezy, it will work in the crockpot very well!!! This will freeze very well too.

I like the spin with the cream cheese, Ill have to give that a try. Maybe next time Ill slip that in and not tell the girlfriend and see what she has to say:)

Forgot to add, when I came across this recipe it had bread crumbs on top but I like it better without. So if you are a bread crumb freak then maybe throw some on top

Back
Top Bottom